HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COLLECTOROFSEMEN IS A BUTTOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: COLLECTOROFSEMEN IS A BUTTOCK Reply with quote

Sure some of his comments are funny,everyone loves a clown.But the guy keeps posting these topics in all caps and attacking musicians as if they've personally wronged him.
I mean what did Blackie really do? Is COS a disgruntled ex roadie who Blackie sexually assaulted and ripped off?
Did Alex Van Halen throw a flaming bag of dog crap at his door in the dead of night?
Did Don Dokken leave him stiffed with a huge bar tab one late night?
And now somehow Geoff Tate has upset the Collector.
Could it be that we're all BUTTOCKS awaiting the wrath of an angry Collector?I fear the end is near fellow Hard Boarders...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell you what they did... they destroyed music.

In 1988 or so, the metal movement owned popular music. Why? Because it was the place where musical creativity was taking place. In every category of musicianship, guitar, vocals, bass, percussion, metal was re-writing the rulebook.

Then, metal lost its steam. Why? Because the self-proclaimed "artists" who were at its forefront became idiots. When they did that, all was lost. All you have to do today to know that is turn on the radio or MTV long enough to puke at what has happened since then.

Here is a list of self-proclaimed "artists" who were once in cool bands, but for at least ten years have been producing garbage music, and selling it at $15/CD:

Blackie Lawless
Alex Van Halen
Edward Van Halen
Gene Simmons
Don Dokken
Geoff Tate
Lars Ulrich, Hetfield, Hammett

Thing is here that these people were given life on a silver platter by the metal masses back then, me among them. How did they return the favor? By selling out, and by attempting to rip me and you and everyone else off for a decade or more. When they did that, the corporate world took control of the popular culture, and today completely owns it.

Anyone with a mind, which live4metal does not have, would agree that the self-proclaimed "artists" I listed above don't get slagged enough. The sell-out artists and rip off artists who destroyed metal should be driven into retirement.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CollectorOfWomen"]I will tell you what they did... they destroyed music.

In 1988 or so, the metal movement owned popular music. Why? Because it was the place where musical creativity was taking place. In every category of musicianship, guitar, vocals, bass, percussion, metal was re-writing the rulebook.

Then, metal lost its steam. Why? Because the self-proclaimed "artists" who were at its forefront became idiots. When they did that, all was lost. All you have to do today to know that is turn on the radio or MTV long enough to puke at what has happened since then.

Here is a list of self-proclaimed "artists" who were once in cool bands, but for at least ten years have been producing garbage music, and selling it at $15/CD:

Blackie Lawless
Alex Van Halen
Edward Van Halen
Gene Simmons
Don Dokken
Geoff Tate
Lars Ulrich, Hetfield, Hammett

Thing is here that these people were given life on a silver platter by the metal masses back then, me among them. How did they return the favor? By selling out, and by attempting to rip me and you and everyone else off for a decade or more. When they did that, the corporate world took control of the popular culture, and today completely owns it.

Anyone with a mind, which live4metal does not have, would agree that the self-proclaimed "artists" I listed above don't get slagged enough. The sell-out artists and rip off artists who destroyed metal should be driven into retirement.[/quote]

The well does not flow forever, neither does creative ideas. It might not be that these people sold out, (exception Gene Simmons. Kiss started as a gimmick in the first place), but ran out of ideas. The formula has worn thin, but don't knock these people for still trying to make a living they're accustomed to. You may very well do the same thing if you were in their place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim makes an interesting point. But, I can point to some people who never sold out. Here goes:

Tony Iommi

Ronnie James Dio (yes, he's the "Master of the Moon," but he is still doing his natural music.)

Steve Harris, Adrian Smith, and Neil Murray.

UDO Dirkschneider.

There were momentary sellouts by Tipton/Downing, Halford, Dickinson, Wolf Hoffmann, Jon Drenning, but they came to their senses quickly and continued on the metal path.

The individuals I slag on here as "buttocks," however, were never legitimate metalheads in the first place, or, if they were, have abandoned art for money/staying in the game. They will still take money from those of us who are legitimate metalheads, however, in exchange for bad music that they always hype as their best ever.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CollectorOfWomen"]
Don Dokken
[/quote]

Haven't you listened to the last DOKKEN ALBUM??
called "HELL TO PAY"

It's awesome.

I used to consider Unbreakable as the best album of the year (Scorpions if you d not know) but DOKKEN definitely as gone too far away is music quality...
Listen to it and you will know why.....

It's an excellent record....apotheosic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: