HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Van Halen in L.A. Last Night & Tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Van Halen in L.A. Last Night & Tonight Reply with quote

Well I caught the show last night at a sold out Staples Center.Cool stage set with the VH logo as the actual stage.
They opened with Jump and everyone in the band was energized and hopping all over the place.Eddie especially was doing alot of kicks and stuff,almost trying to show everyone he still has mobility after hip relacement.And he does.
Wish I could say the same about his playing.From the start the mix was totally muddy and you could'nt really hear what Eddie was playing for the most part. And for an arena act they were'nt turned up for $hit.I could'nt believe how muted the sound was.
But back 2 Eddie.I was expecting to be blown away by his playing,but instead was really dissapointed.He was out of sink with the band alot,just kinda playing whatever he wanted.And his solo almost put me to sleep.
Still playing the same tired licks from the Roth era stuff and half as good.An extended version of Cathedral into 316 with His son Wolfgang making an appearance as he played rthyme for his old man.
Probably the coolest part of the show seeing this next generation guitar heroe play.He looks just like Valerie.
And speaking of looks,Eddie looks like a fukking ghostly skinny corpse.With long hair but shaved high up on the sides.And Still chain smoking all the way through.
I got the distinct impression this might be Eddie & Alex's last cash grab B4 shipping off to the Geezers Home for Retired Rockers.
Alex looked like an old Vietnamise shamen behind the kit.And while technically there,he played wayyyy too softly on his kit.Instead of bashing it out.
Sammy was Sammy.Same with Michael Anthony.Sammy should get a gold medal for swallowing his pride and going back on the road with the Halen brothers.A charitable act indeed.His own band sounded better when I saw them with Roth.
I've seen better shows this year 4sure.And you can bet I won't be shelling out cash to see the geriatric Van Halen brothers again.
Batman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VH is coming to Dallas soon with tickets starting at $65!!!!! I think I'll pass. I never liked much of the Van Hagar stuff anyway. It would have been cool to see them with Dave just once, though.
Batman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry double post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: