HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GREGG GUIFFRIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: GREGG GUIFFRIA Reply with quote

We have a posting on here concerning House of Lords that reminded me of Gregg Guiffria, who played keys in the band.

Anybody who likes House of Lords will go nuts over Guiffria's solo debut. It is an amazing record. Metal in places, but not throughout, but incredibly well done. Craig Goldie later found (some) fame in Dio doing Ronnie's best solo record, Dream Evil, only to get fired and then re-hired a decade later (go figure -- Ronnie is an idiot).

I first heard Gregg Guiffria in high school, when he was in Angel. He plays a musically very good (but 70s dated) keyboard solo on Angel's double live record. Then nothing for a while, until I saw the video for "Call to the Heart" on MTV. Truly great ballad. I bought the record, which I loved, and still do to this day. It is that good. The last song, Out of the Blue (Too Far Gone) is simply amazing. The record went multi-platinum in the US alone, and deserved to.

Guiffria followed that up with Silk and Steel, which I found to be complete crapp. Then they disbanded, to be followed up by House of Lords, which never got even close to the Guiffria record. What the hell was Gregg thinking?

Something tells me that Gregg Guiffria, Michael Schenker, Vinnie Vincent, and former Crimson Glory singer Midnight should form a band, called "We are deeply self-destructive." The only question is who should play bass on the record?
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he'd died. Must have been someone he worked with. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Angel "Helluva Band," "The Fortune." A true masterpiece.
Nightofthecrime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Billy Sheehan for bassist? Or did he leave Talas, DLR and Mr Big right before they went down the drain?
Try Neil Murray then. Leaving Whitesnake right before they broke big with 1987, Gary Moore before his first crossover hit (Empty rooms) and ... joining Black Sabbath after they lost their record deal, fan base and most of their credibility!
Valhallen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Greg Guiffria now some CEO of an entertainment company out in Vegas? I remember reading about it a couple of years ago on [url]melodicrock.com[/url]. There was a photo with the article of Greg Giuffria as a suit, looking like Al Gore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: