HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOUSE OF LORDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: HOUSE OF LORDS Reply with quote

Anybody out there like HOL? I liked their first disc and Sahara, but Demons Down I thought sucked. And I always thought that James Christian sounded a lot like David Coverdale.

Anyway, has anybody heard their new one yet? Just wanna get a few opinions if possible before I get it.

Also, anybody know whatever happened to Greg Guiffria? He was one of the main songwriters on the first three discs.
WastedRockRanger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a big HoL fan, myself. I still am somewhat but Demon's Down was a pretty big downer for me. I [i]may[/i] give Power and the Myth a shot but I'm not expecting a helluva lot. I've listened to a few outtakes and I think they're probably wishing Gregg was still there to do some of the songwriting. Also, James Christian didn't sound nearly as good to me as he used to. I was happy to see that Derek Sherinian (ex-Dream Theater) did some of the keys on this one though.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought their discs got progressively worse. By that I mean the first one was excellent, Sahara was good, and Demons Down sucked. I just got the new one through e-bay, I just hope it's not too disappointing, if at all.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw House of Lords open for Nelson (took my sister who was in love with the Nelson twins) years ago.

The first album was great the second one was good, but I never listened to the third one.

As for the fourth one, I haven't heard it yet. However, I do know that Melodicrock.com gave it a bad review.

Oh, and singer James Christian has a solo album out or coming out soon.

You can check out a showcase sample of it if you want: [url=http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/jameschristian-meettheman.htm l]James Christian - Meet The Man[/url]
jactannehill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta admit...they did a damn good cover of Blind Faith's Can't Find My Way Home on their 2nd album!!! One of the few Hair Metal cover songs that did justice!!! And I also had to knock them down a few points cause their original guitarist, Lanny Cordola, hung out with John Stamos and was on Full House a few times...how un rock and roll!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanny Cordola was on Full House?!?! That's news to me. My mom loves that show (she loved the Olsen twins as infants), she always watches it on Nick At Nite. I remember that John Stamos' character was supposed to be a rock n roller, but of course TV's idea of rock n roll is usually top 40 sounding stuff.

Getting back to HOL, I can't wait to get this disc. I am really curious how much they've changed since Demons Down.
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this metal ?or hard rock?
sounds weak for me...
and james christian vocals annoying
grade - 6.
but their debut is realy great !!!
if you wonder how i review all this albums... i dowanload them (ooh no!)
if a lived in country were those albums were in stores i would bought them !
Laughing
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it in the mail yesterday, have been listening to it since, and I have two words to describe it: BOOOORRR RING!!!

Decent musicianship, and some of the songs do have their moments. But other than the title track (which happens to be the ONLY track that Derek Sherinian plays on), this disc is one big snoozefest.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the new HoL cd,and I've never gotten into them before. Martin Popoff raved about it in a recent issue of BWBK,so I hadda get it. Very,very cool record. Kinda like an Egyptian version of Angel or old Virgin Steele. Pomp metal par excellence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: