HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Megadeth cd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: New Megadeth cd Reply with quote

Its pretty good on the first listen through. Melodic, catchy, and the line in the first song " I red, white and blew it ", nice play on words...

good stuff, highly recommended.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
totembird

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah pretty good lyrics, and poland playing solos with dave in most songs...............pretty damn good. rockon.........................
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitely [b]in the run for[/b]:

[b]Album of the Year[/b]
Eduardo Macias

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my metal f**k friends!

I heard the new Megadeth´s album this morning (here in Chile) and...wow.....its [color=red][b]f**k AMAZING[/b][/color] ....hahahaha

One of the bests albums of the year - In my opinion,[color=red] [b]Megadeth and Dokken [/b][/color] will fight for the first place - and one of the best albums of Megadeth, the most inspirated since "Countdown to Extinction" (i think)

In the first half of 90s Megadeth released good albums...like Countdown and Youthanasia...but in the second half and in the beginning of the XXI century (with "Risk" and "The World Needs a Hero") Megadeth loose it force, it attitude....i dont know why, but thats the true.

However, Mustaine is a genius, a metal icon and he took new forces, and revives like the f**k phoenix. HE IS MEGADETH, and with this album he said " I DONT NEED NONE OF YOU" (Friedman, Menza and Ellefson...the "gold line up of Megadeth" for many fans...Mustaine kicks them all! hahaha) I AM MEGADETH, I AM THE SICK AND THE f**k MACHINE" hahahahahaha

Mustaine is a genius , a personality in the rock. [color=red][b]HE IS his band[/b][/color] . The relation between Mustaine and Megadeth its the same kind of relation between King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, Kai Hansen and Gamma Ray, Chuck Schuldiner (RIP) and Death......etc.

The album: Amazing...12 infectious tracks, with agressive in the music, and attitude in the lyrics....tracks like "Die dead Enough", "Kick The Chair", "Tairs in a Vial", "Something that im not" and "My kingdom"....[b]THEY WILL BE FUTURE ANTHEMS FOR ALL OF THE FANS[/b]

[size=18][b][color=red]GREAT MEGADETH! THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING PIECE OF ROCK![/color][/b][/size]

Thats all!!

See ya!

Note: Check the cover of the album...hahaha its amazing
daeh_latem

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Iced Earth Bassist joins for the tour Reply with quote

I agree

I love the CD , of course

Back in the Day is my favorite, its a Iron Maiden sounding rocker that just kicks ass!

On a side note, James MacDonough is out of Iced Earth and in Megadeth along with Glen Drover of King Diamond on guitars.
And on drums..Menza

Tour dates are posted on Megadeth.com...first stop, ReNO!
renegade69

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see Dave and the boys back to their old form. The Scorpion is a great track!

[url=http://www.renegadenews.com][img]http://www.renegadenews.com/imag es/ad_banner122.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.renegadenews.com]Renegade Entertainment News![/url]
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this album is very good. It's better than the last two, but that's not really hard to accomplish. The sound is similar to Countdown on a couple, plus the new melodic lead melody type of songs are kindof cool for the intros, but the actual songs are lacking.

In my opinion, this album has the worst lyrics of any Megadeth album. Nothing stands out. There are neither any punchy lines or any really interesting statements. It's really just rehash. Who didn't think Mustaine would say something about the current state of world affairs? He sticks with the same old topics and says the typical things without saying anything really interesting. If I want to hear about war I'll listen to Rust in Peace. If I want to hear about government/social hypocrisy I'll listen to the first 3 albums. If I want to hear about metal I'll listen to another band. Dave may be doing what he knows now, but he isn't writing lyrics like he knows.

The riffs are usually fast and heavy, but they aren't very recognizable. The melodic intro riffs are kindof catchy and make for some of the better songs [Back in the Day], but there are lots of other bands doing better at that style. Megadeth doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Overall I find it ok, but nothing really inspiring. If there's a good thing about this it's that there will be a tour and I've always dug the band live.
WastedRockRanger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wearing this one out since I got it. Seems a bit of a return-to-form album to me and I think it's very strong in that respect. Personally, I think the lyrics are strong and well written, namely "Of Mice and Men", "The Scorpion" and "Tears in a Vial". I admit though, the lyrics in "Something That I'm Not" are pretty bad and not up to par with the rest of the album. My personal favorites are "Back in the Day", "Tears in a Vial" , "The Scorpion" and "Of Mice and Men".

I think Chris and Dave make a rock solid guitar duo. Marty Friedman is one of my guitar idols from way back but on this album I learned that he was not what [i]made[/i] the band but rather a great chapter in the history of the band. I'm just glad Dave managed to overcome his adversities of late and put out a rock solid album.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it a lot. It sort of has to grow on you. Back In the Day is a killer song. Their best album since Cryptic Writings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: