HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Absolute Favorite Album
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Metal1"]Manowar - Into Glory Ride

Only because its the album that really got me into the whole mysterious aspect of what metal really was to me. Something about the sound of that album...the mix, whatever. But, it just brings me somewhere else. Can't beat that feeling![/quote]

It is indeed an awesome album. It's been waiting in my queue for a while. Why don't they play songs from in when they perform live?
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was about 4 months ago. I listened to pantera,metallica and all those bands that every "new" metalhead first listen to them.
Then I wanted to know more bands so I found up in metal-rules.com
the best 100 metal albums (don't give a fukk to the list...but agree with most things), nevermind...so I saw band called dio and the album was "holy diver". first "stand up and shout", one of the most powerfull songs ever, immediatley fell in love with this album...
It has some kind of mysterious sound, and different from every other band. and dio's voice is was amazing?
not sure who was the lead guitarist? but he was awsome!
can you tell me his name and some details?
metalblood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MetalholiC"]It was about 4 months ago. I listened to pantera,metallica and all those bands that every "new" metalhead first listen to them.
Then I wanted to know more bands so I found up in metal-rules.com
the best 100 metal albums (don't give a fukk to the list...but agree with most things), nevermind...so I saw band called dio and the album was "holy diver". first "stand up and shout", one of the most powerfull songs ever, immediatley fell in love with this album...
It has some kind of mysterious sound, and different from every other band. and dio's voice is was amazing?
not sure who was the lead guitarist? but he was awsome!
can you tell me his name and some details?[/quote]

Vivian Campbell is the guitarist, he later went on to play in Def Leppard
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalblood wrote:
[/quote]
Vivian Campbell is the guitarist, he later went on to play in Def Leppard[/quote]
thanx !!! Very Happy
jactannehill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Dorf"]King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska

I felt back then, when it first came out, and still feel today, that it is the most diverse hard rock/metal disc ever recorded. And I still think that Doug Pinnick has the deepest, most soulful voice of any metal singer.

Running a VERY close second is the Wildhearts - Earth Vs. The Wildhearts.[/quote]

Dorf...I think you summed it up with that album....hands down, that band should have been the biggest band in the world with that disc, and everytime I put that on I get a huge smile on my face cause it is so good!!!

But for a close second ... I would have to say Purpendicular by Deep Purple is my choice right after Gretchen. Steve Morse joins the band...proving the Richie Blackmore fans wrong by playing astonishingly and updating their sound (just a little bit!) Become a more looser band! Hats off boys and have a couple pints on me!!! If you never heard it...go look at Martin Popoffs review of it ... he gives it a 10!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Dorf"]King's X - Gretchen Goes To Nebraska

I felt back then, when it first came out, and still feel today, that it is the most diverse hard rock/metal disc ever recorded. And I still think that Doug Pinnick has the deepest, most soulful voice of any metal singer.

Running a VERY close second is the Wildhearts - Earth Vs. The Wildhearts.[/quote]

"Gretchen" is definetly my favorite album from the 80's.

Well, on second thoughts a toss up between "Gretchen," Living Colour "Vivid," & Raging Slab "Dynamite Monster Boogie." All are superior.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite studio album: Led Zep - Physical Graffiti

Favorite Live Album: Maiden - Live After Death
WastedRockRanger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have really put up some kick-ass favorites here. There are a couple that I haven't checked out (and I will) but most I've thoroughly enjoyed as well. Another great "feel" album to me is Black Sabbath's "Seventh Star". A truly awesome piece of work if you haven't checked it out.

On the Vivian Campbell note, I've never for the life of me been able to figure out why he joined Ded Lepard. That was one of the biggest wastes of ,in my opinion, one of the best guitarists out there. If you're a V.C. fan check out Dio: Sacred Heart "The Video". It's an awesome balls-out Vivian extravaganza! Exclamation
Bohica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... there are some great choices already mentioned...

Pink Floyd - The Wall
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime / Livecrime

Both of those are awesome.

I can't think of any single best album... but I have a few that go along with those already mentioned.

Yngwie - Odyssey
Ozzy - Diary of a Madman
VH - Fair Warning

I am sure I have probably forgot some... but off the top of my head, those are it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: