HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Best Concert Experience Ever!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tope

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few amazing concert experiences.

The best show was probably Metallica's Justice tour. They smoked then. Saw them the last 2 times they have been in Toronto and they blew. I got free tixs both times so i went and they just dont cut it anymore. Specially now that James is on his rehab kik.

Has anyone seen them on this tour? Does James sound a little um feminim when he talks now?

The other amazing one was the Fabulous Thunderbirds at a little bar in Toronto called The Horseshoe. Freaking amazing !!! Kim Wilson rocks!.. aslo helps that i got to meet the band.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAIDEN with GNR (1988)
PRIEST with BON JOVI (1986)
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough one.. so I will name a few..

Dio and Whitesnake - 1984-85. Irvine Meadows Ampitheater.

Y&T, Motley Crue, Randy Hansen - 1982? 5th row, Concord Pavillion.

Metallica, Megadeth, Metal Church, Anthrax - 1985 NYE , SF, CA Civic Center.

Iced Earth, Nevermore - some small bar in SF in 2000.

Satriani - San Francisco 1986

Uli Jon Roth - Wolfgang's, SF, CA 1985 or 86

UFO w/Schenker on U.S. Walk on Water tour.

Randy Hansen doing Jimi Hendrix - Keystone - Berkeley, CA 1982

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: NO CONTEST Reply with quote

Blizzard of Ozz, in Pittsburgh PA's "Stanley Theater," on the debut tour. Def Leppard opened, supporting "High and Dry." Did a damn good job. I went out and bought the record the next day.

Following that, Ozzy with Randy Rhodes. Awesome. Randy was so natural with a guitar strapped around his back that you were convinced he was born that way. Tommy Aldridge crushed his drum set. Lee Kerslake, knowing the greatness of what he was playing, was relatively quiet on bass. Show business was not necessary, and he knew it.

After several songs from the "Blizzard of Oz" record, Ozzy said that the band was going to play a couple of songs from their next record, the already recorded "Diary of a Madman." The band promptly launched into the crushing introductory riff of "Believer." Amazing. 5,000 people sat there in silence.
renegade69

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevendust with Ill Nino at The House of Blues in Vegas! I have yet to see a show that rivals the energy of a Sevendust show. The intimate setting probably helped...

[url=http://www.renegadenews.com][img]http://www.renegadenews.com/imag es/ad_banner122.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.renegadenews.com]Renegade Entertainment News![/url]
totembird

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to be Les Paul......(ok, not metal), but I gotta say Joe Satriani..(altho not that metal). His show was blistering 3 hrs...and the room rocked so hard...cant remember any other concerts that I had that much fun. Ronnie Dio follows him, especialy this year tour when he sang a lot of Rainbow / Sabbath tune.......very rockin!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: NO CONTEST Reply with quote

[quote="CollectorOfWomen"]Blizzard of Ozz, in Pittsburgh PA's "Stanley Theater," on the debut tour. Def Leppard opened, supporting "High and Dry." Did a damn good job. I went out and bought the record the next day.

Following that, Ozzy with Randy Rhodes. Awesome. Randy was so natural with a guitar strapped around his back that you were convinced he was born that way. Tommy Aldridge crushed his drum set. Lee Kerslake, knowing the greatness of what he was playing, was relatively quiet on bass. Show business was not necessary, and he knew it.

After several songs from the "Blizzard of Oz" record, Ozzy said that the band was going to play a couple of songs from their next record, the already recorded "Diary of a Madman." The band promptly launched into the crushing introductory riff of "Believer." Amazing. 5,000 people sat there in silence.[/quote]

Wow. The Stanley Theater is before my time. Are you from Pittsburgh originally?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: