HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yngwie Malmsteen, malicious singer firer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on this topic specifically to punish Yngwie Malmsteen for firing Jeff Scott Soto.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey collector of Women. You talk like you know Malmsteen's career. but I clearly see you don't know HIM.

He is HIS music.

I mean the man loves to play. Its pure joy for him. Pure is one of the best adjectives to describe him. He must follow his instincts. Hes a very honest musician.
Yngwie today, hes really great. Hes a family man. I can see where people would have problems being in a band with him if they dont realize its his band. Not only is it his band, but its his vision, and hes extremely enthusiastic about the music. Hes very passionate. A lot of times, that passion can be confused with being egocentric. Hes very passionate about what he does.

I wish there were more people like Yngwie. Steve Vai also retains that type of passion for his music.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonsense. Far and away the best music Yngwie has done was with Jeff Scott Soto. Who got fired for MTV. That is all anybody needs to hear to know that Yngwie Malmsteen is a piece of shyte.
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jorge Castillo"]Hey collector of Women. You talk like you know Malmsteen's career. but I clearly see you don't know HIM.
I mean about what
He is HIS music.the man loves to play. Its pure joy for him. Pure is one of the best adjectives to describe him. He must follow his instincts. Hes a very honest musician.
Yngwie today, hes really great. Hes a family man. I can see where people would have problems being in a band with him if they dont realize its his band. Not only is it his band, but its his vision, and hes extremely enthusiastic about the music. Hes very passionate. A lot of times, that pashe does.sion can be confused with being egocentric. Hes very passionate

Excellent remarks Jorge.I could'nt agree more.Yngwie is one of those people whom God has blessed with extrodinary talent.
I've been into him since I first heard him in Steeler.And have most of his CDS and have seen him live.The guy is awesome!!!
I don't care if it's Jeff Scott Soto,Michael Vesera,Goran Edmund,Mark Boals or Doogie Hauser on vocals,Yngwie is the show.
Hey COS,have you heard Black Moon Pyramid by Axel Rudi Pell? Your boyfriend Jeff sings on that one.Or have you not bought a CD since 1985? Laughing
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I agree with Collector of Semen Laughing in the fact that Jeff Scott Soto is a f**k awesome singer..

Have you listenend to Lost in the translation? 2004's Jeff Scott Soto.

awesoooooooooomee......

By the way,. there is a legend about Jeff scott Soto here in Chile.

Soto is the most popular surname here in Chile. Take a look at the chilean telephonic number guide...it's like 20 pages only for SOTO.
well....the fact is that there is a legend that tells that Jeff Scot Soto is Chilean! Laughing

And people believes that! it's nice...because apart from been one of the best singers of all times, he has that legend that sorrounds him.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOw did he fire Ron Keel? He was brought into Steeler, or Steeler was formed as a showcase for him.

Bonnett? He fired Bonnett? Didn't he leave to start his own band? Didn't Alcatrazz continue? Bonnett couldn't keep his MSG gig.

I'll take the instrumentals over anything but his Alcatrazz stuff. Rising Force was a better album than Marching Out. Was then, is now. And Soto, while ok, is nothing special.
Mike-CLOUDSCAPE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: I agree with... Reply with quote

...Jorge Castillo. Yngwies singer/musician problems has nothing to do with money the way the topic starter claims it. Marcel Jacobs left Yngwie because he werent allowed to compose songs for Yngwie. I mean, it IS Yngwie J. Malmsteens band so, if Yngwie want to write all music by himself, let him do it!! I am a friend of Yngwies second drummer (Anders Johansson) and from what he has told me nothing is like the topic starter says. Anders and Yngwie is still good friends and has been for many years. Yngwie is hard to work with Anders says but, it is his vision with all do respect so, if you cant stand that...leave. Personally Im a great fan of Yngwies and have met him many times, he is a real nice guy to talk to and cares about his fans. Anders also told me that, everything that the media writes about Yngwie is very
exaggerated (2% true and 98% exaggerated).

Yngwie rules;-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you are a suck up. Just because somebody won the lottery and became a rock star does not mean that you should mindlessly believe every word that comes out of the dork's mouth.

Fact is, if nobody in this world ever bought a hair metal record, Yngwie Malmsteen would be bagging groceries for a living.
Mike-CLOUDSCAPE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: So... Reply with quote

...little you know!! You even seem worse than Yngwie himself to me:-/. Jeff Scott Soto told in a interview a couple of months ago that, if Yngwie asked him to step back to the microphone he wouldnt say no.

On the other hand, why care about how Yngwie is as a person??? Are you gonna mingle with him or what? I mean, if you dont like his music, dont buy it!! It is his music that counts, not his personality!!! All I can say is that you are SO wrong in your topic!! His vocal changes in the band has nothing to do with "the vocalist steals the show/money or whatsoever"!! It is personal problems because, Yngwie IS hard to work with and some of the vocalists hasnt been the best to work with either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: