HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REVOLUTION - JUDAS PRIEST 2005 Opinion on Single

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: REVOLUTION - JUDAS PRIEST 2005 Opinion on Single Reply with quote

http://www.robhalford.de/Revolution.zip

I like it. But it's hard to enjoy it on the computer speakers. I need the cd to fully appreicate the tune. Here are some first impressions.

The sound?

Theres a touch of Sabbath at 2:04-2:08 and the main riffs are Pantera inspired. Musically it's Modern Priest. Could have been a Demo track but obviously the production/mix is of higher quality.

Vocals?

Halford's piercing scream begins the track and pops up every now and again. But for the most part it's the slow talking (imagine when Blood Red Skies kicks in - not begging you, I'm telling you...) as opposed to fast singing (Sentinel, Running Wild). Kinda like bump, chugga bumpa, bump as opposed to ahhhhhhhh, ahhh, ahhhhhhhhhh (if that makes any sense).

All in all a good tune to lift weights too.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was ok. Sounds like a tribute band though. Doesn't sound like it's actually Priest. I dunno. I hope the rest of the album is better.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Halford wasn't singing I wouldn't have known it was Priest. But I'd like to listen to it on something other than my tiny computer speakers - in fact, that's the reason I'm not gonna make any judgement on it yet.
Batman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like "Revolution" and I love Judas Priest, but they totally stole the main riff from Janes Addiction's "Mountain Song" note for note. I'll defintely buy the cd when it comes out.
Zombiman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Priest, but that was just weak.... i guess i was expecting another Painkiller-type tune... oh well, as long as we don't have to go thru the "Turbo" disaster again.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: