HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Priest A.O.R. dualdisc format question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Priest A.O.R. dualdisc format question Reply with quote

Calling all techheads - what is the difference between the content on the Dualdisc version of A.O.R and the "deluxe" cd/dvd version that comes in a hardback book?

I picked up the dualdisc version today because it was $11.99 at Tower and the "deluxe" was $19.99 - they both say that they have the "Reunited" documentary (w/the 7 live tracks), but the dualdisc also says that it's cd side is in "enhanced" stereo (which is NOT surround). What the hell is "enhanced" stereo anyway?

Now I popped the DVD side in and the first thing I noticed was that the documentary has no chapter stops or separate menu - does the DVD in the limited edition hardback have them? I guess my main question is this: is there any reason to also get the deluxe hardback version if I have the dualdisc? And also, is there anything on the Japanese limited edition that isn't on these two U.S. versions, even additional artwork (not just the obligitory lyric sheet in Japanese)? I'll buy this thing 3 times if I have to, but would prefer not to!

Thanks guys.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Priest in Korea.

I bitched in my Blog about it.

At least I'll have the complete cd on my iPod when it arrives. Screw cd shops!

AFAIK the Japanese version does not have any bonus tracks. The dvd does have Jpanese subtitles according to someone who posted on Halford's board.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there is a difference between the dualdisc and the package with the separate CD and DVD - I just bought the dualdisc cuz it's cheaper. And I would guess it's cheaper cuz the package one disc instead of two.
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Limited version, the DVD does have chapter stops. They aren't on the menu or anything, but when I hit " skip " on my remote, it went to 2 of 6, 3 of 6, ect...

I'm also curious about something. It says 1/10 on the screen when selecting the DVD. Is there 10 sections on this DVD? I can only seem to access the 1-6 area.

Does epic just have a standard format they use , which is why it says 1/10
Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: