HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Got " Angel of Retribution "
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Just Got " Angel of Retribution " Reply with quote

Decided to go with the Limited edition version of this album instead of the standard one. I liked the idea of 2 discs instead of double printed one. The case is awesome! Almost like a little hardcover book.

All the songs are really good except " Wheels of Fire " , which although not bad, is the one typical lame JP song per album. Could have done without it.
" Hellrider " is my favorite out of all the tracks, and is the most Painkiller-esque. I even like " Revolution " hearing it on the cd , having not liked it when I downloaded it a few weeks earlier. Guess it was just a sound quality thing.

I'm really impressed with this album. Although its nothing groundbreaking, it is rather great listen Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky! No AOR in Korea yet.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album f*cking smokes IMO!! And listening to it on my computer a few weeks back didn't do it justice. It's been in regular rotation on my home stereo and in my truck since yesterday. Judas Rising and Deal With The Devil kick major ass, and while Lochness does get cheesy at times and may be a tad too long, it's still an excellent tune with some killer guitar and bass work. And Scott Travis is fifty times the drummer that Dave Holland ever was - of course, we all knew that after listening to Painkiller 15 years ago.

The album as a whole is certainly one of the more diverse collections of tunes they've ever recorded IMO, and I honestly don't think there is one bad song on the disc - even Eulogy is a nice little tune, kind of a little acoustic interlude before the mighty Lochness. (And would you believe Rolling Stone gave the album a good review? Shocked) Let's face it, they could have recorded a crappy album and released it knowing that JP fans (myself included) would have bought it just for the fact that the mighty Halford is back in the band, but fortunately they didn't. And even though I wouldn't rank AOR with Painkiller or British Steel, I still think it's a great album. WELCOME BACK, ROB!! Twisted Evil

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go listen to it again.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine, and I'm just into the second listen. All I can say is wow. This is as good as I had hoped it would be, much better than Halford's last one (I'm not knocking that album either.)

If you don't listen to the music building on the first track and get and get frigging goos bumps, please listen to rap or something; Metal may not be your thing.
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm now into intensivee listening of Judas Priest albums...
will post my top 3 in few days...

about AOR: the best track her is probably "Deal with the Devil", damn
Glenn Tipton and Kenneth 'K.K.' Downing are gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the album sucks, but I did get goosebumps upon hearing the opening of Judas Rising- the rest of the album prooved extremely disappointing. I've been spending my time with other recent purchases instead- Live in Leipzig, To Mega Therion, Heartwork, Another Perfect Day, and Into the Mirror Black.
Myk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the dual disc. I am unhappy with the song writing but musically it is very good. The lyrics are uninspiring to say the least. JP always had deep, meaningful lyrics. The lyrics on this album are too simplistic. I long for the days of Beyond the Realms of Death, Tyrant, Victim of Changes and so on. The latest are too self appreciating and empty.
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i agree with what The dorf said...

JP had meaningful lyrics?
"Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal - What do you want
Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal - What do you want"

so miningful...
Metal1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hell Bent For Leather." I don't think JP was ever exactly "Dio."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: