HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Anticipated Releases
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FALCON

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Most Anticipated Releases Reply with quote

I got to thinking about which CDs most excite me over the remainder of the year, which really sorta ranks my favorite current bands as to the style and caliber of music I expect from the group.

Ironically most of my usual Icons of metal are not on the list, but here is really what has me super excited in order of Anticipation:

1. Zero Hour - hands down the single most expressive disc with "Towers" a few years back and potential most other bands can't touch.
2. Symphony X - Killer release last "Odyssey" and riff laiden, depth and sheer talent drive this act.
3. Into Eternity - my favorite style heavy progressive with tons of energy, "Mercenery" comes to mind in this category as well.
4. Shaaman - Matos is another addiction I cannot resist.
5. Testament - Just cause I am so excited to hear their masterpiece.
6. Nevermore - they have more in them than any single band, and have fell shy on the last few, I think this will be a return to pOWER!
7. Balance of Power - This lineup presses the "Guilty Pleasure" button in excess, please stay on track
8. Opeth - it is time for back to the heavier style
9. Dream Theater - Sue me I am an addict.
10. Frameshift - Sebastian Bach in a progressive metal band that leans to the heavy, I am there!

Corrosion of Conformity is equal in my excitement to the list, while the style does not fit the metallic leanings.

Also not sure if they are close to putting out 2005 material, but Iced Earth, Evergrey, Vanden Plas, and Blind Guardian are never far from the spinboX.

Who U got? Question
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.judas priest- on of my favorite bands ever (still working on my top 3).

2.dark tranquility-when i'm in a mood for banging the head.

3.3 inches of blood-just love the enthusiasem/madness of this band.

4.brainstorm-heard the first 2 songs from their new album.
sounds heavier the the previuos release. sounds that they havn't improved from their previous realease. the vocals sounds too tired (not as flowing on "nunca nos randimos" for example).

5.betrayer-like this band. they remind me iron maiden with "partaker of evil", and iron maiden is another one of my favorites, so i like this band!.

Dragonforce and Motorhead are also got great realeses. Smile
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Bruce's new album, Overkill, and the Hammerfall cd. However, I may put off the Hammerfall cd for a while cause of the so-so reviews on the Iron Maiden board.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mtlhd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerfall's new one on April 5th.
FALCON

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aNOTHER Few:

Pagan's Mind, simply took the progmetal world by storm with the last one, "Celestial Season", and just shook the roof live, this could be a really special band.

Imagika - The last disc ALSO had a lot of potential, all indications on their thrashy relentless style should make them a class act in a league of few. There is something about the way their songs just build and release emotion.

Circle II Cirle is also due soon, while this is a band that has all the elements, I would like to see more heaviness, and stronger groove riffs not so symphonic as their debut.

++ Metalholic, cool bands some of my faves, while I have all their last ones, their next ones are a ways away, Dark Tranquility is barnone the band to compete with for their style, "Character" is a strong disc, #1 thus far '05.

++ Not sure how excited I am for Hammerfall the have kinda lost me lately, but I'd like to hear more.
Evil Doctor X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Dickinson solo
Flotsam & Jetsam
Nevermore (plus the remix of Enemies of Reality)
Opeth
Audioslave
soloud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Falcon...FYI

You can hear some sound samples of C2Cs new one over at melodicrock.com.

Hate to break it to you but last I heard the singer for the current lineup of Balance of Power left to devote full time to Biomechanical (who sound awesome by the way)

I'm looking forward to

Dream Theater - yeah I'm an addict too
Jacobs Dream - always loved their sound but they have a new singer so we'll see
Biomechanical - kind of like Into Eternity in my opinion
Bruce Dickinson solo
Ascension Theory - if they will ever sign a new deal and release the 2nd cd

and I this one is not an upcoming release that I know of but I would love to hear the last Black Symphony cd they recorded but did not release for whatever issue they had with label. Their site says a new band is forming so maybe thats to look forward to
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Anticipated Releases Reply with quote

[quote="FALCON"]
Corrosion of Conformity is equal in my excitement to the list, while the style does not fit the metallic leanings.[/quote]

I've had the new C.O.C. for about a month now and it rocks hard. It's not at all like America's Volume Dealer - more like a cross between Blind and Deliverence. There are a couple of mellow ones on it, one being much like something Zeppelin would do. If you like "My Grain" and "Vote with a Bullet" type Corrosion, you're going to like the new one.
FALCON

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soloud: RE Balancd of Power VERY tough break, though I am highly impressed with Biomechanical as well, thought that last BoP disc had the perfect blend for the band, and I really love, loved Lance King as the leadsinger before. It will be AGAIN tough to find a replacement there, but for some reason I think they should do OK. Same goes for Jacob's Dream they have I very cool heavier vibe.

hippy: I knew you'd be all over COC, (did not sound quite right?), while i am gonna wait till its out to declare a verdict, what you describe sounds exactly what I was hoping they would do, s/b killer stuff.! I like "Deliverence" the best, "Blind" a close second. Nothing IMO is not topnotch from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: