HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Musicians You Have Met - List them
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Quireboys - 1990, I think? In-store signing, but they were alright.

Yngwie Malmsteen - 1996, 1998. Amazing. Both times.

Joe Satriani - 2003. Pretty cool.

Steve Vai - 2005. Very cool.

Yngwie was the best by miles, though. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Metal1

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm gonna miss a bunch.

Ronny James Dio - Met him a couple times, incredibly nice guy. Seemed so down to Earth considering he's a legend.

Blackie Lawless - Despite what I've heard, he seemed really cool too. We talked a little about what his favorite album was (I said Crimson Idol, he agreed!)

Nick D'Virgilio (Spock's Beard) - He was actually playing drums for Fates Warning a few years back for their tour. This was right after Neal Morse left SB...what a nice guy! He was admitting he was kind of nervous taking over vocals with SB, something you rarely hear from a pro like that.

Lots more, but I'm outta time...laterz
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll only list the ones that apply to "metal" Not many.. but each were rare moments.

Scorps in 96 just after my first surgery for cancer.

Didn't meet but have talked on the phone with Ann Boleyn

Motorhead, all in 86... but didn't know them at the time

Slayer, all the night before the 9/11 tragedy. I should say around 4 that morning.

I'm leaving out a few just because I it was rather to brief to be called meeting. The above lasted more than a handshake. Very Happy
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2004: Three fourths of Coney Hatch at a SRF signing booth.

2003 (I think): Shook hands with a member from a Japanese band called The Savoy Truffle. They played southern rock if memory serves me correct.

Gotten an autograph from Dave Hill of Demon at SRF 2000, and a quick last second autograph from Messiah Marcolin at SRF 2003.
SGR_32

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man i dont even know where to start. So ill start here.

Well grew up with the guys from Metal Church, so dont know if that
counts or not.

Ive met Warrell Dane so many times at so many concerts in Seattle
that ive lost count as to just how many times. But if Nevermore is in town, and someone cool is touring, they will be there, and they always
meet and hang out with there fans. great guys all.

Urban Breed from Tad Morose. Awsome dude. Came up to me the day after there set at Milwaukee metalfest in 2002. And thanked me for singing along in the front row. made him feel more relaxed. Got a pic with him on that one, never been to big on autographs and pics, but couldnt resist that time.

All the guys from Jag Panzer. All very cool

King Fowley from Deceased. Super neat guy, i met him twice, and he remembered me the second time. I dont care who ya are, thats just a
blow to your mind when someone remembers you.

Sharlee D`Angelo Then of Mercyful Fate. Gave me a demo of Witchery, so he's ace's with me.

Hank Sherman For me this is one of the big ones. Mercyful Fate is my all time favorate band. and next to meeting King Diamond himself. this is my all time favorate musician. Didnt get to talk to him long, but got to shake his hand and thank him for the countless hours of enjoyment his talent have brought me.

Motorhead. Met Mikkey Dee a few years ago, as he was standing outside of the showbox in Seatle. great guy, ofcoarse i had to ask him about his days with King Diamond.
Then a couple years later, they were playing another place in Seattle, and me and a few friends were in a bar having several drinks before there show. and we looked up, and there is Lemmy playing one of those video poker games in the corner. If you have a chance to shake Lemmy's hand you have to take it, so i walked up to him and said hi. Was really cool, didnt understand a word he said. Something about trying to get it right once in a while. Then a little bit later Phil came in, and got to meet him as well.

Jesper and Bjorn from In Flames. They sat down next to me at metalfest in 99. I had a beer with them and talked for a while. the cool thing was, is that after that everytime i ran into them the rest of the weekend, they made a point of saying hi, or seeing what i was buying or something.
was pretty cool.

Anathema- met them all while getting there autographs at metalfest one year, nice guys again english accents, very hard to understand.

Stuart x of cradle of filth. Just shook his hand

Got very drunk one year with the guys from Anal Blast and The mentors.
I know i did, cause i have the pictures, thats really the only way i remember parting with them. Although if you have ever seen pics of the band, there lead singer is like 6'5 and 500 lbs. just a freakin huge dude.
I vagely remember him shoving a half gallon of vodka at me and telling me to drink.

Glenn Benton Ive met him three times, and man that guy is funny as hell. One of the highlights of my meeting people life.

There are lots of others, but my brain is starting to hurt trying to remember em all.

Oh i did meet two of the girls from kittie a few years back. cool girls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: