HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Therion live in Seattle 8/30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGR_32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Therion live in Seattle 8/30 Reply with quote

If at this point last year someone would have told me that id have seen
Dark Tranquility, Hypocrisy and Therion during the year of 2005, id say
Well Dark Tranquility and Hypocrisy maybe. Even though highly unlikely.
But Therion never gonna happen!

Well got to see D Tranquility and Hypocrisy back in April, and the Dark
Tranquility set was the single best set ive seen all year long. (and ive seen alot of shows this year, King Diamond/Behemoth/Black Dahlia.
Sounds of the underground/ Ozzfest/ Deicide/Immolation just to name a few) Until lastnight.

Holy Sh*t!!!!!!
There was no way, that Therion was gonna sound as good live as they do
on there cd's. NO WAY.

The bootleg concert i have from Therion is from 1998, this vid is what i was expecting to see, the 5 members of the band, plus a three person choir. Well the difference was they had the 5 member band, but a lead singer not a keyboard player (keyboards and other instruments where handled on computer), along with the rest of the band, as well as a 5 person choir. three woman and 2 men. One woman who was lead, and the rest backing. All dressed in formal wear, gowns and tux's
They played a smaller club in Seattle so not the most room on the stage for everyone, but they managed.
Playing everything from some of there older death metal like Riders of Theli. To some of the newer cd's like Typhon from the Lemuria cd.
Seven Secrets of the sphinx from the Deggial cd. And ofcoarse ending with Cult of shadows and To mega Therion. (yes all be jealous, ive actually heard To mega Therion live now) Razz
I must mention they also played the wild hunt from Vovin and WOW!!!
I was litterally blown away. Only disapointment song wise, was they didnt play In the desert of Set. Sad

Christofer Johnsson and Kristian Niemann are incredable
guitarits, and very underrated as a duo.
The female vocals sent shivers up and down my spine, i have no idea who they were,(although i did reconize one of there pictures on there live cd after the show when i went back through it) Sara Jezibel Diva wasnt among them. But i guess she hasnt sung on a cd for a while. Seems like she is more or less a full time member of Cradle of filth now.

My one regret of the whole show, well two regrets. There only using
local small bands to open for them, In this day and age of these big tours, i think this hurt them. Seems like all tours these days are 3 name bands.
like the Dark Tranquility/Hypocrisy/Soilwork show earlier this year.
or the comming tour of Children of Bodom/Amon Amarth/Trivium.

And that leads into my other regret, the size of the crowd, Maybe 300 people, if that.. Very disapointing. Was a enthusiastic crowd, and i was pleased to see so many younger fans out there (but hell im 36 now, so 30 year olds look young to me now)

So I highly HIGHLY recommend go out and see these guys!!!!
If there only getting 300 people a night, We wont be seeing them again, and this is there first US tour in 18 years!!!
Support your metal!!!!!

Hey i suck at writing these things, so if you made it this far, Hey thanks!!!

Later
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool they actually do bring the choir! Well maybe I'll see them if they don't sell out of tickets before I get off my lazy ass and go buy some.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool report of the show dude.
Smile

I've never gone into therion. I'd like to check an album and see what happens.

What are your recomendtions?
(i think I'd prefer from the "newer" stuff) Razz
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thoughthe last two were both pretty good [actually the 2004 album was 2 discs]. The albums Vovin and Theli are supposed to be the best, though I don't like Vovin as much as Lemuria/Sirius B or Deggial. It's interesting stuff. I think The double album may be a little more metal than Deggial, although Deggial has Hansi Kursch as a vocal guest on a track.
SGR_32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theli was what got me into them. Id start there, if you like that then your
probably gonna like everything from that point on. Some more then others maybe. But in my humble opinion Theli is in my personal
25 best metal cd's of all time.

The mini cd from a couple of years ago is a mix of alot of there styles as well. Crowning of Atlantis. They do covers of Loudness's Crazy nights
Manowars Thor. and One of the best covers of all time, Seawinds
from Accept. Plus a different version of a older song of there clavicula nox, on the vovin cd it has female vocals, on the Atlantis cd, has male vocals.
And then also has 3 live songs, To mega Therion among them.

So I would recommend one of those too start with
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: