HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do I do when Ozzy dies?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: What do I do when Ozzy dies? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
Leviathan...I heard some clips of Pink Cream 69 and they sound very good. Where did these guys come from? Have they been around for a while?

PC69 are from Karlsruhe, Germany. They basically started in 1987 with lineup: Alfred Koffler, Kosta Zafiriou, Dennis Ward and Andi Deris. In 1989 they released thier debut album and began thier first tour in Europe with White Lion. 2 albums later, in 1995, singer Andi Deris leaves the band and joins the Hamburg/Germany based band Helloween. They recruit David Readman as the new (and much better IMO) vocalist.

If you like David's voice... check out the following albums:

"CHANGE" (1995)
"FOOD FOR THOUGHT" (1997)
"ELECTRIFIED" (1998)
"SONIC DYNAMITE" (2000)
"ENDANGERED" (2001)

All of these albums are great. They get better and better with each new release. If you want to read more details about the band, check out thier website... It has a complete history section and bios. [url=http://www.pinkcream69.com/]http://www.pinkcream69.com/[/url]

Hope this helps...
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Hemphead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think no matter what decade or trend a band is from- with very few exceptions- it gets locked into that sound or style by it's fans or the media. When the band tires of it and tries to expand the same fans/media desert it. So it's really a no win situation. Unfair as it is it happens all the time.
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tope,

You make an excellent point. It's a point I've made on other boards. Even my favorite CDs today, will never be as special as those from my youth.

Mijarra,

To my ear, the two best CDs of the Readman era are "Electrified" and "Sonic Dynamite". The others are very hit or miss with me (mostly miss).

There are a lot of bands out there with this style. You just need to do some research.

Zod
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18][b]THANK YOU!![/b][/size]

This thread has shown high quality opinions!!! Thank you for all that you have said!!!

It is so good to read good opinions about music.

Yeah, metal has "expanded" and growth. I think that Rock and Roll is all out there. Filling the diff styles and trends.

For example what do you think from bands like [b]Trivium [/b]and [b]Astral Doors[/b][2005 Evil is Forever]?

They do "different music style" but are similar in certain aspects, in the [b]escence[/b], maybe.

And my second question is..

Why do you think this phenomenom happens?
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I find it tough to listen to more than two or three Astral Doors tracks without popping it out, and putting Dio in instead.

As for Trivium... I think they do, what they do, pretty well. The new CD is markedly better than their previous release. Their blend of Metal and Core has deeper roots in Metal. When I saw them the first time (opening for Iced Earth) I thought the guitar player was very sloppy. The leads on the new disc are much more complex. I'll be seeing them again in December when they perform with Amon Amarth (who I'm dying to see). I'll be curious to see if the guitar player has actually improved his play, or if he's just a studio player.

Given how young this band is, and how much of a push Roadrunner is giving them, they'll have no one to blame but themselves if they don't break through.

Zod
DEFFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure you know that Ozzy and Sharon have build a money machine that will be run by Kelly, Jack and friends that will be spitting out Ozzy/Black Sabbath greatest hits, memories, live music, box sets which will contain "war pigs", "paranoid", "iron man" and "nib" with some obscure or new and quite lame single here and there for all eternety.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Ozzy's impending death is a metaphor for 80's hard rock in general. I started a thread a few months ago called "Great Bands Who, Unfortunately, Made One Too Many Albums" that touched on this very topic. But in retrospect, I understand that tastes change over time, and just because a newer album by an 80s band doesn't grab me like one of their older ones did, it doesn't necessarily mean the band sucks now. It could mean that my taste has changed, their taste has changed, or both.

Yeah, a lot of 80's bands have long passed their prime, but an equal number of them shouldn't have existed in the first place, IMO. Thrust, Manowar, Piledriver, and Exciter did absolutely nothing for me even when they were new bands. Conversely, newer bands like Seemless, Brand New Sin, & Hoobastank are bands I wish were around when I was growing up in the 80s. The point is, there will always be someone around to carry the torch after Ozzy passes on.

And Deffy: good point about Ozzy's discography. I just can't get enough Iron Man, Paranoid, and War Pigs.
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ozzy dies and is out of the way, then maybe we will finally get another Black Sabbath reunion with Ronnie James Dio. That would be awesome!

The above comment doesn't mean I wish death on Ozzy though.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mack"]The point is, there will always be someone around to carry the torch after Ozzy passes on.[/quote]

Yeah, And the good thing is that there are many torches, not just one! Very Happy Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: