HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Bush: No Anthrax Return
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krokus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its sad the way he was kicked out of the band getting JOEY back the way they did (only for some shows, later a tour and now they are talking about a new album). Still i am happy because i dont think BUSH is a good singer for ANTHRAX. I loved him with ARMORED SAINT but JOEY is much better for ANTHRAX.
totembird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya John should go his own way...he'll do fine. I like both so its a tug, but I've been into Anthrax from Joey in the front...so the reunion sounds exciting.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though Sound of White Noise is my favorite album with Anthrax, they weren't doing too well after that with John. I can't see them going to far now that Joey is back in the band either, but maybe they'll make some good money before retiring. I wouldn't mind hearing some of the older stuff with that lineup either. Spreading the Disease was a good album afterall, and the other Belladonna albums had a few good songs apiece.
The BitShifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="B5ERIK"]Joey Vera is working with Fates Warning and Engine as a bass player/co-producer. He's also done a solo album or two, and is working with at least one other band whose name escapes me right now.
[/quote]

Now I remember what band's CD I just saw Joey's name on:

[b]Seven Witches[/b]!

I'm sure that's the one you were thinking of, Erik. He's played and co-wrote songs on their 2003 and 2004 releases.
whofan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="B5ERIK"]This sounds like good news to me...

IT'S THE MARCH OF THE SAINT!!!!

Come on, John! Call Joey Vera and the guys and get Armored Saint back together!

Can U Deliver?

Armored Saint is easily in my top 10 bands of all time - great live and in the studio! Their last 2 studio albums (Symbol of Salvation, and Revelation) are phenomenal. Symbol easily makes my all time top 10...[/quote]

Armored Saint were the best under ground band ever.

They should of hit it big.
krokus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, ARMORED SAINT, that is Bush band and he should be dedicated to that band again. I realy love AS and i never realy liked him in ANTHRAX.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno Armored Saint never fully recovered from David Pritchard's death. Symbol ruled but I think it was still David who wrote those songs. Their reunion album, Revelation, was average at best. Nod to the Old School was also a bit of a letdown.

Bush has done a superb cover of Maiden's, The Wicker Man. Maybe, he should just do tribute contributions until he can form his own band. Or hook up with Vinnie Paul and Jerry Cantrell (wish ful thinking).
krokus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Midnight Sun"]I dunno Armored Saint never fully recovered from David Pritchard's death. Symbol ruled but I think it was still David who wrote those songs. Their reunion album, Revelation, was average at best. Nod to the Old School was also a bit of a letdown.

Bush has done a superb cover of Maiden's, The Wicker Man. Maybe, he should just do tribute contributions until he can form his own band. Or hook up with Vinnie Paul and Jerry Cantrell (wish ful thinking).[/quote]

Nod to the old school was a cool release i think but REVELATION wa a letdown and average i agree. Some songs are good but other sound just to modern for ARMORED SAINT.
mtlhd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Bush is not returning to Anthrax? Righteous!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: