HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why isn't anyone talking about Allen * Lande - The Battle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dead Rebel Society

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b][url=http://theendrecords.com/omega/]The End Records[/url] ROCK! They have everything first, and cheap as hell too. Great guys.

I can't WAIT to check out the new Allen/Lande. Have been looking forward to this since forever!

(Did you guys check out the "Out to every nation" effort from Lande? It was a solid piece with excellent background musicianship from the Pagan's Mind guys. Another great band...)[/b]
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where I got mine! Check back often at The End.
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are kidding me, right? Holy crap does this CD suck. I love both these guys, but this disc is a HUUUUGE disappointment. There's not a single song on this CD I ever want to hear again.

Zod
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

Well, its not Prog/Heavy Metal but Melodic Rock. I find this cd blows away both Symphony X as well as any Jorn fronted band (take your pick). All the songs are catchy and straightforward. No noodling, or extra padding is involved.

[quote="General Zod"]You guys are kidding me, right? Holy crap does this CD suck. I love both these guys, but this disc is a HUUUUGE disappointment. There's not a single song on this CD I ever want to hear again.

Zod[/quote]
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was terrible. I'm not really into Jorn Lande anyway. I totally lost interest when I heard that Lande outshined Allen. I suppose the reviewer may think better of Lande in the first place.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it but I haven't given it a proper listening yet-

So far, it remembers me "Lost in The Translation" from Jeff Scott Soto.
Lionheart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my album of the year for 2005. Incredible disc with superior catchy melodies and songwriting from Magnus Karlsson, who is quickly becoming one of the great guitarist/songwriters of the last few years with Last Tribe, Starbreaker and this.

Jorn Lande has never sounded better (which is saying alot since Ark, solo, Beyond Twilight, etcc... have had some incredible vocal performances from him). Allen sounds so much better in the hard rock arena than he does singing prog. I much prefer this to Symphony X or Masterplan.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Reach a Little Longer" has the hook in me nowadays.

[i]Reach A Little Longer is a haunting and moody metal ballad with another monster chorus and some truly outstanding vocals from both gents, but Jorn Lande especially.[/i]

By the way, why is it called "The Battle"?
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur Very Happy

[quote="Lionheart"]This is my album of the year for 2005. Incredible disc with superior catchy melodies and songwriting from Magnus Karlsson, who is quickly becoming one of the great guitarist/songwriters of the last few years with Last Tribe, Starbreaker and this.

Jorn Lande has never sounded better (which is saying alot since Ark, solo, Beyond Twilight, etcc... have had some incredible vocal performances from him). Allen sounds so much better in the hard rock arena than he does singing prog. I much prefer this to Symphony X or Masterplan.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: