HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coolest guitar player of the new millenia?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEFFY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohica,
Well, perhaps it was worded incorrectly, there will always be talent. Any type of music has at least one person that takes the art to another level that will makes our jaws drop. No question about it.

But on guitar, the tapping has been done, the classical at blazing speeds has been done, the heavy riffs with monster chops has been done (come to think of it, all these reasons is probably why nu-metal was around - sorry who cares), michael angelo doing his actobat guitar thing and a bunch of others - done. (I think there was someone also that was "master of the upside-down guitar two-hand tap technique" - GEEZZZZ!!)

Out of all the guitarist mentioned, only Yngwie was the one that never received as much spot light (radio play - Oh yeah Angelo either) , but his talent (yes I love Yngwie) never went unoticed and like him anyone that brings something special to the instrument will be recognized as well.

On that note, I said that by comparasion, guitar players receiving that type of attantion, radio play, (is MTV even around these days) will probably never return. I know it is a bold statement.
But I have said this before....
Genearlly speaking, you will find someone, between the ages of 13 to 45, rich or poor, males and some females, that know AND like at least one of these these guitar players.
But only in this community (yeah yeah there are other boards as well) do we know the names of other "GUITAR GODS" in waiting.
Can we say the same for any other guitar player under the age (I think Zak is 36 y/o) of 35 y/o????? Can we find someone that is know by the masses stated above that is under 35 years of age?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tic3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Yngwie is King Reply with quote

[quote="The Good Doctor"]Obviously, Yngwie is still the greatest talent in the guitar world. Any witness to the G3 tour with Satch, Vai, and Yngwie would confirm that fact. The trouble is, Yngwie is so good I don't believe we can talk about him in these parts.[/quote]

Although Yngwie is an outstanding guitarist in the technical sense, his song-writing skills suck totally and completely - in my opinion.

With all the albums/CDs he has put out, the songs that are actually good would barely fill one complete CD.

Tic3
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: cKy Reply with quote

I don't know if they are youngr old! But, I'd give props to the guitarist from cKy. He's no EVH, but he uses a unique tone, and seems to come up with some good riffs.

I'll give more suggestions when my brain is working better >.>
whofan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: favorite guitarist Reply with quote

Of all the guitarist I`ve heard ,I keep going back to Ritchie Blackmore as my favorite. Back in the 80`s Ive had all of Yngwie`s albums. I don`t know what is sound, style? Ritchie Blackmore is king in my book. As for new guitarist I don`t know. Godsmack is the best newer band Ive heard and they are getting old. Not much good comming out now days. I can see why country music is so popular now.
krokus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, even if i buy maybe 30 or 40 new releases a year, i dont think their is any NEW guitar heroe today (only some survivors from the 80s of course) thats why i am going to put some of my fave:
DAVID T.CHASTAIN
YNGWIE MALMSTEEN
GARY MOORE
STEVE VAI
JOE SATRIANI
VINNIE VINCENT
AXEL RUDI PELL
TONY MCALPINE
ALEX MASI
and many more of course.
Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the best of the last 10 years for me...

Tore Ostby
Magnus Karlsson
Jeff Kollman
Kiko Loureiro
Torben Enevoldsen
Johan Reinholdz
Marcel Coenen
Chris & Mike Amott
Stark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my favs:
Ty Tabor (King's X)
Mattias Ia Eklundh (Freak Kitchen)
Marcel Coenen
Pontus Norgren (Talisman/The Ring)
Mike Amott (Spiritual Beggars/Arch Enemy)
Tommy Denander (Radioactive etc.)
Jeff Kollman
Butchman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Loomis from Nevermore is out of his mind! The guy has a very sweet and original style that is different from the shredders of the 80's and 90's that were previously mentioned.

Also Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold has some tasty licks straight out of the shredders library. I hear some Petrucci meets Friedman in his lead work.
voodoo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree on the Amott brothers, Gus G and Jeff Loomis. And I will add in John Petrucci of Dream Theater and Alex Beyrodt of Silent Force. Both excellent guitar players.

Malmsteen is awful in opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: