HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Erik's Metal Shop Returns with Show #89!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Erik's Metal Shop Returns with Show #89! Reply with quote

Man, with so much going on these days it's been really hard to keep to a regular schedule with the show, but I've got #89 up now!

We've got UDO, new Deep Purple, Dio, Armored Saint, Steeler, Drain STH, Halford, and More! Over an Hour of great Metal and Hard Rock. (I'm actually listening to it now, and it really sounds good...)

Give it a listen while you're online...

http://www.hitekradio.com/erikshop.htm - Current Program

Thanks! (I hope you like it.)
The BitShifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get a commission for your show. After listening to it, I always end up buying a couple of CDs. I ordered "Steeler" and Armored Saint's "Raising Fear" from Amazon. The idea of a band with Keel and Yngwie intrigues me, and I'm finding more and more that I like the Armored Saint albums (and I might as well pick them up while Metal Blade still has them in print).

I think I'll pass on the new Deep Purple for now, and pick it up used or a cutout. The song "Wrong Man" didn't really grab me all that much.

Of course, I'm a long time fan of Drain STH "Freaks Of Nature". I picked up a mint copy in a bargain bin for $2 a couple of years ago, and couldn't believe that an album with this many great hooks didn't make more of a splash in the music world.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The BitShifter"]You should get a commission for your show. After listening to it, I always end up buying a couple of CDs. I ordered "Steeler" and Armored Saint's "Raising Fear" from Amazon. The idea of a band with Keel and Yngwie intrigues me, and I'm finding more and more that I like the Armored Saint albums (and I might as well pick them up while Metal Blade still has them in print).[/quote]

I'm glad that you liked some of the songs enough to pick up some of the stuff I play. That's part of the reason why I do the show (and it's why I liked KGB San Diego's Metal Shop show back in the 80's - I always found new albums I just had to buy after listening each week). I couldn't believe that I hadn't played any Steeler before, so I made up for it by playing 2 tracks on this show.

[quote]
Of course, I'm a long time fan of Drain STH "Freaks Of Nature". I picked up a mint copy in a bargain bin for $2 a couple of years ago, and couldn't believe that an album with this many great hooks didn't make more of a splash in the music world.[/quote]

I'm with you on that one. The only thing I can figure is that they needed a couple of uptempo songs to mix it up a bit. Other than that it's a great album.

I'm really glad you liked the show.
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been gone a while but it's nice to see you're still at it [b]B5ERIC[/b]. I think the last show number I listened to was in the 50's or 60's.

I will check this one out as I haven't heard any [b]Armored Saint[/b] or [b]Udo[/b] (solo stuff) in a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: