HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Sabbath TYR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Glorious Gallant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Black Sabbath TYR Reply with quote

arrange the songs in order of quality, best at the top, worst at the bottom

tracklist: (not my order)
1-anno mundi
2-the law maker
3-jerusalem
4-the sabbath stones
5-the battle of tyr
6-odin's court
7-valhalla
8-feels good to me
9-heaven in black

im my opinion i believe its an extremely underrated album Rolling Eyes

neat artwork
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underrated by whom?
By the press of those days?

I know many people that consider TYR (And tony's era) as one of the best Sabbath's Albums. Yu can't think bad of that album...the vocal lines in: Heaven in Black...are...perfect.

Anno Mundi and Jerusalem are Masterpieces.

It has a lot of power and feelings.

Definitely a great great album.
Very Happy

Last edited by Jorge Castillo on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
krokus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a great BLACK SABBATH album. I could not tell you my fave songs from it because i didnt listen to this album for years but ones i will listen to it again Laughing Only thing i know and i can let you know that its a good album.
The Glorious Gallant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jorge Castillo"]
Anno Mundi and Jerusalem are Masterpieces.

Very Happy[/quote]

tru

THE LAW MAKER is also a standout track
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three best Sabbath albums are Tyr, Sabotage, and Born Again. Tony Martin's performance throughout the album ranks among the best ever in metal. I think if he sounded a little more original [some people think he sounds too much like Dio], then maybe more people would realize how great this album is. Then again Tony Martin kindof came out of nowhere, whereas the rest of the singers had careers prior to joining Sabbath so that helped those lineups I'm sure.

The trio of Battle of Tyr, Odin's Court, and Valhalla is awesome. Jerusalem and Sabbath Stones are probably my favorite songs individually, though Feels Good to Me really sticks with me. "when it's lost it's gone forever."

My least favorite is probably Heaven in Black, but then again it's not bad; it just comes after Valhalla and Feels Good to Me.
voodoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this album this morning. Not sure if this is my favorite Sabbath album but it is damn good. I can say that I think Anno Mundi is my favorite Sabbath song, though. Heavy as hell. Tony Martin does a fantastic job belting out the vocals. And the trio of songs culminating in Valhalla is blissful.
krokus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finaly after many years i am playing this album again. Does anybody think that ANNO MUNDI could have been a YNGWIE MALMSTEEN song??? Sound great same with the rest of the album. A killer album exacly the way i remember it to be.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great album back in 1990 and it has held up quite well. A little on the short side though (37 minutes or so). Ranking the tunes?

1. Feels Good To Me
2. Odin's Court
3. Valhalla
4. Jerusalem
5. The Sabbath Stones
6. Anno Mundi
7. Heaven In Black
8. The Law Maker
9. The Battle of Tyr
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a big fan of Tony Martin since The Eternal Idol (which I think is his best Sabbath album), but Tyr is a really, really good album that was criminally overlooked back in 1990.

Tony Martin's time in Sabbath produced several good to great albums - The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, Tyr, and Cross Purposes. Forbidden wasn't bad, but not as good as the others.

There is something about Tyr, though, that really works for me. It's one of those albums that isn't just a bunch of songs on the same CD, it's a bunch of songs that really work well together - they complement each other.

Valhalla is still a personal favorite of mine - but, hell, so are most of the songs on this album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: