HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY TOP 100 LIST. Best records ever.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsalt1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="krokus"]SAMSALT1, its nice to see which albums you like more.
HEY STOOPID from ALICE COOPER is just a very important album to me because the memories. I love other ALICE COOPER albums very much too, but this one is special. I love HELLOWEEN, and WALLS OF JERICHO is a classic but i only can put 100 and i put 100 that i love most.
Same with BRITNY FOX debut album, again a sentimental album to me, more then the two HELLOWEEN keepers albums, that i love too.
About CRIMSON GLORY, i realy like their debut more but i respect your opinion. Their second album was cool too.
I love DEF LEPPARD but PYROMANIA is just my fave.
yeahh, most of the people would go for the debut of EXCITER, but VIOLENT AND FORCE was my first EXCITER album and its a very special record to me. I love their debut very much to of course.
No, TRICK OR TREAT of FASTWAY is a total classic in my opinion much better then LETHAL and of course its a diferent style totaly.
FOREIGNER deserve to be on this list in my opinion because they played cool hard rock/hard aor and to me they were part of our movement.
Yeahhh, WITCHUNTER of GRAVE DIGGER is great too, same with CORRIDORS OF POWER by GARY MOORE. I am very tired of NUMBER OF THE BEAST by IRON MAIDEN to be honest. STAINED CLASS is great but i prefere DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH.
Forbidden were cool, and HALLOWEEN are cult, to me DARKNESS DESCENDS from DARK ANGEL is not death metal. Its more violent THRASH METAL but maybe thats just me that think like that.
I love the first OVERKILL albums but again THE YEAR OF DECAY is special to me, same with PRETTY BOY FLOYD but of course i love PRETTY MAIDS but i would say their debut mini-lp.
POISON are special to me, i have to admite it, but SCORPIONS TAKEN BY FORCE is cool. SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND is great to. KNIGHTS OF THE NEW THUNDER is my fave TNT album too.
No, VETO were much better then the overated FLOTSAM AND JETSAM.
I love EARTHSHAKER by Y&T too.
I am happy that you took your time to give your opinion. This was very cool to do and i realy liked to read your opinion. I am happy you like TOKYO BLADE and ICON so much too. Take careeeeeeeeeeeee.[/quote]

Well done.....it's good to see someone that knows so many different types of metal and knows the old school....like I said, your choices, for the most part are very good and solid. I saw Foreigner on the 4 tour, so believe me, I do respect them but I just didnt think they belonged on the list, but, hey,its your list.....
Great post!! We need more like this here...this board is sooooooooo dead....
krokus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="samsalt1"][quote="krokus"]SAMSALT1, its nice to see which albums you like more.
HEY STOOPID from ALICE COOPER is just a very important album to me because the memories. I love other ALICE COOPER albums very much too, but this one is special. I love HELLOWEEN, and WALLS OF JERICHO is a classic but i only can put 100 and i put 100 that i love most.
Same with BRITNY FOX debut album, again a sentimental album to me, more then the two HELLOWEEN keepers albums, that i love too.
About CRIMSON GLORY, i realy like their debut more but i respect your opinion. Their second album was cool too.
I love DEF LEPPARD but PYROMANIA is just my fave.
yeahh, most of the people would go for the debut of EXCITER, but VIOLENT AND FORCE was my first EXCITER album and its a very special record to me. I love their debut very much to of course.
No, TRICK OR TREAT of FASTWAY is a total classic in my opinion much better then LETHAL and of course its a diferent style totaly.
FOREIGNER deserve to be on this list in my opinion because they played cool hard rock/hard aor and to me they were part of our movement.
Yeahhh, WITCHUNTER of GRAVE DIGGER is great too, same with CORRIDORS OF POWER by GARY MOORE. I am very tired of NUMBER OF THE BEAST by IRON MAIDEN to be honest. STAINED CLASS is great but i prefere DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH.
Forbidden were cool, and HALLOWEEN are cult, to me DARKNESS DESCENDS from DARK ANGEL is not death metal. Its more violent THRASH METAL but maybe thats just me that think like that.
I love the first OVERKILL albums but again THE YEAR OF DECAY is special to me, same with PRETTY BOY FLOYD but of course i love PRETTY MAIDS but i would say their debut mini-lp.
POISON are special to me, i have to admite it, but SCORPIONS TAKEN BY FORCE is cool. SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND is great to. KNIGHTS OF THE NEW THUNDER is my fave TNT album too.
No, VETO were much better then the overated FLOTSAM AND JETSAM.
I love EARTHSHAKER by Y&T too.
I am happy that you took your time to give your opinion. This was very cool to do and i realy liked to read your opinion. I am happy you like TOKYO BLADE and ICON so much too. Take careeeeeeeeeeeee.[/quote]

Well done.....it's good to see someone that knows so many different types of metal and knows the old school....like I said, your choices, for the most part are very good and solid. I saw Foreigner on the 4 tour, so believe me, I do respect them but I just didnt think they belonged on the list, but, hey,its your list.....
Great post!! We need more like this here...this board is sooooooooo dead....[/quote]

I am realy happy you liked my post and i agree that we need more posts like this Laughing . You are lucky to have saw FOREIGNER live with their 4 album. My fave album by the band. Take care.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a hundred list- they were in order even, but that takes a lot of work to make one in order. I can't even remember the albums without putting them in front of me sometimes. I know it'd be different today than when I did it a couple years ago- the effect of some newer bands like Arch Enemy and Opeth has worn off, and, while those bands were pretty cool, I doubt they'd rank so high on my list today. I'll post some of the key ones that I know are favorites [not in order except that Rainbow Rising and Lightning to the Nations take highest seats always].

Rainbow Rising

Lightning to the Nations

Canterbury [Diamond Head]

Fighting [ThinLizzy]

Walls of Jericho

So Far...So Good...So What?

Tyr

Sabotage

Orchid [Opeth]

The Dark

Edge of Thorns

Gutter Ballet

Stained Class

Killers

Youthanasia

Jester Race

Burning Bridges

Crimsons Glory

Port Royal

Death or Glory

In Trance

Taken by Force

High n Dry

Don't Break the Oath

Balls to the Wall

Taking Over

Angel Witch

Machine Head

Down to Earth

In the Nightside Eclipse

Lights Out

Earthshaker [Y&T]

Earthquake [Uli Roth]

Ace of Spades

Wheels of Steel

Into Glory Ride

Hail to England

Van Halen

Ride the Lightning

Spreading the Disease

Reign in Blood

Souls of Black

Warning [ryche]

Blood Fire Death

um yeah that was mostly off the top of my head. Bunch of the bands have other releases that I listen to more often than these even. But those are all classics really.
metalblood

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jake"]
Canterbury [Diamond Head]

[/quote]

Surprised to see that on your list, not much of a fan myself. Obviously Lightning To The Nations is superior, but I also prefer Borrowed Time and All Will Be Revealed. I do like it over Death and Progress though....

I'll try to make a top 100 list when I get a chance, but I'm going to have to limit it to one release per band otherwise it will be dominated by my favorite artists.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canterbury isn't very metal, but I didn't really distinguish when I made the list. I just listed random stuff that I like. I've always thought of Borrowed Time and Behold the Beginning as sort of compilations since most of that material was already available on Lightning. I don't understand why they didn't just release the extras from those two comps and their 4 cut ep, and make a second album of that stuff. It would have been a very good album. Canterbury has really good melodies and songs, but it's not very metal, certainly, next to Lightning, it is a disappointment, but on it's own merit I love it.
metalblood

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only going to do a top 50, with one album per band.

In alphabetical order:

Accept-S/T
Adramelch -Irae Melanox
Agent Steel-Skeptics Apocalypse
Amorphis-Tales From The Thousand Lakes
Angel Witch-Angel Witch
Artillery-By Inheritance
Blind Guardian-Somewhere Far Beyond
Brocas Helm-Black Death
Cirith Ungol-Frost And Fire
Cloven Hoof-Cloven Hoof
Dark Angel-We Have Arrived
Dark Quarterer-Dark Quarterer
Death-Symbolic
Destruction- Infernal Overkill
Doomsword- Let Battle Commence
Emerald (Holland)- DownTown (Iron on Iron)
Exodus- Bonded By Blood
Fates Warning-Awaken The Guardian
Griffin- Flight Of The Griffin
Heathen- Breaking The Silence
Helloween-Walls of Jericho
Helstar-Burning Star
Iron Maiden-S/T
Ironsword- Return of the Warrior
Judas Priest- Sad Wings of Destiny
King Diamond- Abigail
Kreator- Pleasure To Kill
Kublai Khan- Annihilation
Legend (UK)- S/T
The Lord Weird Slough Feg- Traveller
Lust- We'll Never Die
Manilla Road- Crystal Logic
Manowar- Hail To England
Megadeth- Rust In Peace
Mercyful Fate- Don't Break The Oath
Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness
Overkill- Feel The Fire
Pagan Altar- Lords of Hypocrisy
Running Wild- Gates To Purgatory
Sadus- Chemical Exposure
Sanctuary- Refuge Denied
Savatage- Gutter Ballet
Saxon- Wheels of Steel
Scorpions- In Trance
Sepultura- Schizophrenia
Slauter Xstroyes- Winterkill
Slayer- Show No Mercy
Sodom- Persecution Mania
Vendetta- Go and Live...Stay and Die....
Witch Cross- Fit For Fight
krokus

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

METALBLOOD, cool list. Here is my opinion:
Accept-S/T NOT MY FAVE BUT NOT BAD.
Adramelch -Irae Melanox I HAVE THIS ONE ON VINYL AND GOT A ORIGINAL DEMO BY THIS ITALIAN BAND. NEVER BEEN A FAN.
Agent Steel-Skeptics Apocalypse ALSO MY FAVE ALBUM BY THE BAND
Amorphis-Tales From The Thousand Lakes SORRY, DONT LIKE THEM.
Angel Witch-Angel Witch KILLER NWOBHM
Artillery-By Inheritance NOT MY FAVE ALBUM BY THE BAND. Like their first two more.
Blind Guardian-Somewhere Far Beyond NOT BAD, NOT BAD
Brocas Helm-Black Death NOT BAD, NOT BAD
Cirith Ungol-Frost And Fire EPIC METAL, NOT MY FAVE
Cloven Hoof-Cloven Hoof NWOBHM LEGENDS THAT I LOVE.
Dark Angel-We Have Arrived THRASH CLASSIC.
Dark Quarterer-Dark Quarterer dont have this album.
Death-Symbolic LIKE THEIR FIRST TWO ALBUMS MORE+THE MANTAS DEMOS.
Destruction- Infernal Overkill A CLASSIC.
Doomsword- Let Battle Commence I ONLY HAVE THEIR DEBUT FROM 99 THAT I LIKE VERY MUCH.
Emerald (Holland)- DownTown (Iron on Iron) NOT MY FAVE DUTCH METAL ALBUM.
Exodus- Bonded By Blood A CLASSIC!!!!!!!
Fates Warning-Awaken The Guardian Never been a fan of this band, but GOOD ALBUM.
Griffin- Flight Of The Griffin US METAL and GOOD.
Heathen- Breaking The Silence A CLASSIC.
Helloween-Walls of Jericho A CLASSIC.
Helstar-Burning Star Also my fave album by the band.
Iron Maiden-S/T A CLASSIC.
Ironsword- Return of the Warrior Dont have this album.
Judas Priest- Sad Wings of Destiny COOL EARLY METAL.
King Diamond- Abigail KILLER!!!!!
Kreator- Pleasure To Kill GERMAN THRASH CLASSIC but their debut is better in my opinion.
Kublai Khan- Annihilation OTHER COOL THRASH ALBUM.
Legend (UK)- S/T Dont have this record.
The Lord Weird Slough Feg- Traveller NEVER LIKED THEM.
Lust- We'll Never Die GREAT HEAVY METAL.
Manilla Road- Crystal Logic MY FAVE ALBUM BY THIS BAND.
Manowar- Hail To England A CLASSIC.
Megadeth- Rust In Peace A CLASSIC.
Mercyful Fate- Don't Break The Oath A CLASSIC
Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness YEAH!!!!!
Overkill- Feel The Fire YES, GREAT.
Pagan Altar- Lords of Hypocrisy dONT HAVE THIS ALBUM.
Running Wild- Gates To Purgatory ONE OF THE BEST DEBUTĀ“S.
Sadus- Chemical Exposure VIOLENT STUFF.
Sanctuary- Refuge Denied KILLER ALBUM.
Savatage- Gutter Ballet LIKE THEIR OLD ALBUMS MORE
Saxon- Wheels of Steel A NWOBHM CLASSIC
Scorpions- In Trance OLD ALBUM BUT COOL.
Sepultura- Schizophrenia CLASSIC. TILL ARISE THEY WERE GODS.
Slauter Xstroyes- Winterkill A RARE BUT COOL CLASSIC.
Slayer- Show No Mercy YEAHH, KILLER!!!!!!
Sodom- Persecution Mania YEAHHH KILLER!!!!!!
Vendetta- Go and Live...Stay and Die....AGAIN A GERMAN THRASH CLASSIC.
Witch Cross- Fit For Fight COOL AND RARE HEAVY METAL THAT I LOVE.
Very cool METALBLOOD and it was nice to give my opinion. I have most of this albums on vinyls and they are CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAIL BROTHER.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: