HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angra - Aurora Consurgens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Angra - Aurora Consurgens Reply with quote

this is a sort of live review Razz.
I'm listening to it, and it already sounds great.

At least the first song...1:40 and it already got me.

I like what I hear.
There's nothing to do with such a great guitar players dueto, (and great drumer, and bass player of course).

Ok, the first one is finnishing, pretty fresh sound. Nice. i liked it.
Great end.

Now, the second song...well, it is a little bit different. More technical...great voice. It is a good song....yep, nice catchy chorus. slow paced heavy song. This one remembers me a lot of classic angra, but man,those guitars are flying and are just great. Good song, it is finishing now.

Let's see the third one....

Wow, the second is quite one is quite good, perhaps better than the first one. and so different.

here gpes the thrid one....hehehe....this is the typicall number 1 song. ok, the typicall opening song. mmm.....they are all catchy and good and damn fast...yeah yeah..the same story once again. I don't know why angra still does this type of songs..hehe, perhaps the audience needs them. Well, the song is good, and it has some good changes in speed. but nothing new.

I will jump to number 4...

no, I'll better finish listening to it, perhaps it has a surprise (I hope).

Well, something I didn't liked in the last record was the over repetitive formula intro-fast paced song. IT is GREAT that that formula is not repeated once again. Now the fast paced one is the third one...¿that's an improvement for meat least. yep, there goes the "happy chorus" again..Anyway, my brother will love this song, hehehe. Yep, it is like, the new angra fans love these tunes. I'm kinda not interested on them.

Well, so far the album goes great, now the 4th one begins.
Another fast one...
(I already want to hear some acoustic guitaaaaars, pleeease. None so far.)
Well, it is a song more related to the third.
so far we have 2 "new" and innovative songs, and 2 classical angra fast style songs. It is a great tune too. Hehe, there goes the beautiful chorus again. ok..."over you" "over you" "over you"...yeah, yeah.
Man, guitars are doing so great in Angra. ups! there goes a Church chorus!
Angels ....and then the guitars. Nice change to allow guitar duetos...and the chorus again. This song is another typichal angra fast one. Opener style. But with really great guitars! Aggressive, fast, technical, beautiful, ppff, they are guitar masters.

well, I'm waiting for the 5th song now.

ok , ¿there goes the ballad? Not acoustic exactly but nice clean guitar. Falsetachi is singing very good.
Good guitars, man, in this record. Killer riffs, definitely.

This song is part of the "new angra" this belong definitly to the new 2006 section of the album. A brother of the two first songs.

The album sounds so clean. "Chrystal clear". Nice song this one too.
Tracks 1, 2, and 5 are killer ones so far at the first listening. This song has a really great chorus, and Edú sounds great. Angra "looks" healthy.

Song numbers 6.
another clean guitar...fallashi in the leading. He has a great voice. haha, Skid Row? Hehehe, cool one. Great bass lines. Nothing to say, Angra is sounding more than great. "MmmmmMMMmMMmMMmmmm" This one has a lots of sentiments. Yeah, a power ballad, definitely. Great voice, and acoustic appears! thanks! Nice to listen to this type of song after the last album Temple of shadows and all its atmosphere.

Song number....7. So near so far.
This song has that dream theater kinda complexity. Great drummer, man. At least, technically. Great tune too. Middle paced, great voice.
This album is definitly "new" 2006 sound , innovative, fresh, modern, catchy, solid, powerful, pff, it has a lot of things to analize and to ENJOY above all. a great album to listen to. I think that this one will stay in my player for a long time.

Song numer 8. Fast paced one? Instrumental? I hope so.
"No!" Hehe, it is not an instrumental. it has a slow part too. Great tune. It has different parts. enjoyable, all of the instruments stand are impressive.
Edu has lots of "influences" he is young an therefore he admires many singers, sometimes he becomes a little bit generic. But he is GREAT, definitely great singer. Not a glenn hughes, but a great modern young heavy metal singer. Ok, fast opening part in the same song, i guess it is finninshing...yep. Song are a little bit predictable sometimes. and they finish kinda fast.

song number 9. evrybody goes crazy with macombo brazilian style. These brazilians are great. then all is calmed and a slow part begins. lots of brazilian drum smashing. this song is more "Temple of Shadowshy".
Relaxed one...cool. I like it.

This one could have closed the album- it has all those great ethnic guitars. then proggressive style. and a great chorus.
great tune, bro. great percusion, guitar, bass, voice , guitars. well, another great tune.

There is one more tune in it...but i don't have it Razz

Ok, the new angra album. is great, Now I'm going to delete songs 3 and 4 becausr they are too generic for my taste and I already know what will be the gift I am going to give to my 20 years old brother.

I have a 12 year old brother that loves Pride of Lions, cool isn't it. Razz

Well, guys, You have to buy this record it is awesome.

The album is going to come out in october 30, I [i]think[/i]. 1 week earlier i listened o it, and I'm amazed, this one is a seriously runner for the Top of the Year. and I've listened to it, only once.

The bands sounds healthy, all the instruments are stounding, guitars being impressive. I'd say the album is a little bit SHORT perhaps. Though I'm missing one song. it has 10.

Well, I'm gonna listening again while I work.

Perhaps song number 6 is a little [i]short [/i]with 3:30-

See you around my fellows, I love you all.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it last night. A solid effort but a grower.
S. Minion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this one on order now. I love ANGRA ! From Fireworks on they've only improved I think.I love the great musicianship and the "international" flavor of their Metal. Like you mentioned,I 'm hearing it's got some shredding guitar riffing this time around.That's great news because Rafael Bittencourt is an awesome guitarist.Very under rated.
Thanks for the review. Smile
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to it again tonight! Wow! This might bump the latest Pharaoh to #2 on my Best of 2006 list. Their best since Angel's Cry.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

here's the video of The Course of Nature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKL6ID_Dato&mode=related&search=
FALCON

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midnight sun? how r things, just curious, what are your top 10 then in 2006, I am trying to elevate Angra, but cannot quite get into it yet, Holy Land still rules and I felt ReBirth very promising with new lineup...

u said>
Listened to it again tonight! Wow! This might bump the latest Pharaoh to #2 on my Best of 2006 list. Their best since Angel's Cry.

thanks FALCON...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: