HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

80's band who will be here in 2010
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Kilmister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: 80's band who will be here in 2010 Reply with quote

Which 80's bands do you think will be around the next decade? Who will be the heavymetal Rolling Stones??
Clarky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to be Motorhead and Slayer

I think these guys have been around forever and there is no way to kill them...
so they'll always be around no matter if you love or hate them.. lol..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Badboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judas Priest and Iron Maiden the metal Gods.
krokus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAXON of course. Still making great albums.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Iron Maiden may still be about. As for packing a venue I'd say Metallica may still be around. I guess I'd have to have you clarify "the heavymetal Rolling Stones?" As in will they still be good but maybe not so famous. Or very commercial but not what your typical metal fan would consider "good" anymore.

I'm terrified Kiss, Van Halen or Montly Crue will still be trying. "insert shudder here" Shocked Rolling Eyes
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of the 80s bands have been releasing crap this decade so they will continue to do so in the next decade [unless they fold]. Iron Maiden may not hold together for too long, but if they do they'll keep their audience. Priest probably won't hold together too long either, but they might keep their audience too. Then again, you know in the United States there aren't nearly as many younger fans for Maiden or Priest and if their long time fans start hitting their 40s, 50s, 60s then I would expect a poor concert turnout.

Deep Purple and Motorhead have the most longevity commercially. i'm positive Lemmy will not dissolve motorhead until he's physically incapacitated. Deep Purple makes too much money and writes too much for them to quit. Actually Deep Purple is still pretty good, but they're not very metal by todays standards and they aren't an 80s band they're a 60s band.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a part of life. If one man makes music, he will keep making music until he dies.
There is a whole generation of human beings making music , since the 60's if u want, or the 70's or the 80's and they are still around making their music. Why shall it end? That's absurd. It will end when the guys begin to die and there are no new generations making music in that particular style, something quite unprovable.

So, let's see, "
I'm 60 years old...I won't live 180 years. So I see I have 30 more years of living". Well, this person will keep making music. The same for the band members that are 40 years old, or 50. They are pretty young, really. And for sure they have 20 more years to make music. (after 30 years of music already, cool)

Therefore, all of the bands will keep kicking on 2010 until their musicians die. Because there are not "bands" they are people IN a band. The guys may split and "the band" won't keep making new sound. But for sure, the musicians will. Sometimes some people working together make really great music, and it is sad to see them not working together, and we have to respect that, I think. It's an option.

The so- called "old" school musicians are still there making music. They are still kicking. Why are rolling stones so "old"? Because they were born earlier than the rest, that's the only difference. Why won't , for example...Steve Vai keep making music until he dies? Any musician can keep making music. Perhaps they cannot tour anymore as they used to do, because of age, but....the music is still out there.
The musicians still are there. turner released an album not long ago, and a good one. I think they are all be there in 2010, unless they cease their existence in the flesh.
Motorola

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Berry is coming to town soon. He is 80 years old. Lemmy once said his ambition was to "be older than Chuck Berry". Well, Lemmy is 19 years younger than Chuck.

I hope they keep going as long as they can still deliver and before they start to look ridiculous. Do we really want to see Kerry King in a wheel-chair?

By the way, most of the bands you mentioned are 70's bands: Motorhead, Priest, Saxon and Maiden (although their first album was released in 1980).
Mr Kilmister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Motorola"]Chuck Berry is coming to town soon. He is 80 years old. Lemmy once said his ambition was to "be older than Chuck Berry". Well, Lemmy is 19 years younger than Chuck.

I hope they keep going as long as they can still deliver and before they start to look ridiculous. Do we really want to see Kerry King in a wheel-chair?

By the way, most of the bands you mentioned are 70's bands: Motorhead, Priest, Saxon and Maiden (although their first album was released in 1980).[/quote]
I think you got your music history wrong. Saxons debute album "Saxon" came 1979. The follow up album"Wheels of Steele" was released in 1980 Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: