HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Tune Will Van Halen Play at the R&R Hall Of Fame?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: What Tune Will Van Halen Play at the R&R Hall Of Fame? Reply with quote

Seeing how both Dave & Sammy will be inducted, I suppose both singers will be on stage when the band plays at the ceremony. What song do you predict they will play?

My prediction: You Really Got Me. It's one of the few neutral songs both Dave & Sammy can sing since neither Dave nor Sammy wrote it. Otherwise, I can't see Dave comfortable singing a Sammy tune, or vice versa.

Regardless, March 12th is going to be an awkward night. Sammy & Michael on one side, Eddie & Alex on the other, and Dave in the middle...
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say that that's a good guess. It's simple enough and you're right, it's not a [b]Van Halen[/b] original. I guess that means that [i]Pretty Woman[/i] or [i]Dancing in The streets[/i] might be a good choice, although The 4 times I've seen [b]VH[/b] I don't recall Sammy doing either of those tunes and am not sure how he would sound. (of course the last time I saw them was the F.U.C.K tour back in like 91/92 or so and I don't recall the song list).

Do you know for sure that they will be performing or just accepting the inductation? I had heard rumors but nothing definite.
Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icarus:

No, I'm not sure. Sorry. I should've written "[i]if[/i] the band plays at the ceremony..."
vinyltim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mack"]Icarus:

No, I'm not sure. Sorry. I should've written "[i]if[/i] the band plays at the ceremony..."[/quote]

Well,it looks like a done deal.....David Lee Roth's back in the band....check out the link:
http://www.melodicrock.com/
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon it will be Jump followed by Right Now. Or, a medley of some kind.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Midnight Sun"]. . . Right Now.[/quote]

Good call.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: