HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Best concert you´ve seen!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tufnel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either:
Savatage in a small pub for the 'Streets' Tour
Jake E Lee in a small pub w/ WWIII (I believe they were called)
Ted Nugent, Scorpions, Def Leppard in 1980 (or '81) for $6.50/ticket
AC/DC (Bon Scott) If You Want Blood Tour..oh..and Cheap Trick
Metallica's ..And Justice Tour
Kick Myself for Missing:
Ozzy w/Randy and Armored Saint
UFO and AC/DC ('78?) w/ Schenker and Bon Scott....that one hurts
WASP Freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh so many to choose from...

KISS and W.A.S.P. at the Knoxville (TN) Civic Coliseum, 1986 would be real close to the top.

My first of 26 KISS shows was in 1984 and made me cry from joy, because I had been a fan since 1974. Likewise, the first time I got to see them in makeup brought me to tears as well.

Saw an outdoor festival at Starwood Amphitheatre in Nashville (TN) sometime around 1991 or so that featured, in order of appearance, Metal Church, Danger Danger, Motorhead, Alice Cooper, and Judas Priest. Great show.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted by WASP Freak:

[quote]Saw an outdoor festival at Starwood Amphitheatre in Nashville (TN) sometime around 1991 or so that featured, in order of appearance, Metal Church, Danger Danger, Motorhead, Alice Cooper, and Judas Priest. Great show.[/quote]

I remember that show!! It was the Operation Rock N Roll tour, except it was Dangerous Toys instead of Danger Danger. Are u sure you're not confusing the two bands?

I saw that tour in Largo, MD around the same time, and I remember Motorhead not playing cuz Lemmy broke his ribs the day before (boy was I bummed Sad). After the show, my buddy and I drove to Fairfax, VA and spent the night in his car on some empty industrial road, then we went to Lollapalooza the next day. I wouldn't say either show was the best concert I've ever seen, but it was probably my most memorable concert experience.
WASP Freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have been. I hated both bands, and endured both at one point or another.
Myk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WASP Freak"]Could have been. I hated both bands, and endured both at one point or another.[/quote]

I saw that show too but in NJ at the Meadowlands Arena. I think JP had just wrapped up their DOTF tour or possibly Turbo because I had just seen them a few weeks prior at the same place.
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WASP Freak"]Oh so many to choose from...

KISS and W.A.S.P. at the Knoxville (TN) Civic Coliseum, 1986 would be real close to the top. . .
[/quote]

Dude, you're my hero for cathing [b]W.A.S.P.[/b] in 86. I'm assuming this was right before the headline tour for [i]Inside the Electric Circus[/i].

I always had problems convincing my parents to let me go to shows on weekdays, and when ever [b]W.A.S.P.[/b] was in town, it was in the middle of the week.

I finally saw them in a club in Boston with [b]Motorhead[/b] opening. Must have been '97 or so. Although the lineup was different from either of the bands from 85 and 86, [b]Blackie[/b] was still there, and they sounded awesome.
Myk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WASP Freak"]

My first of 26 KISS shows was in 1984 and made me cry from joy, because I had been a fan since 1974. Likewise, the first time I got to see them in makeup brought me to tears as well.

[/quote]

Strange, me too. First Kiss show was in 84 and had been a fan since 76. The reunion was awesome as well.

I remember Blackie drinking the blood from the skull vividly.
WASP Freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Icarus"][quote="WASP Freak"]Oh so many to choose from...

KISS and W.A.S.P. at the Knoxville (TN) Civic Coliseum, 1986 would be real close to the top. . .
[/quote]

Dude, you're my hero for cathing [b]W.A.S.P.[/b] in 86. I'm assuming this was right before the headline tour for [i]Inside the Electric Circus[/i].

[/quote]

Yeah it was the Last Command Tour I'm pretty sure. I physically picked up and moved about half a dozen people to get on the rail for W.A.S.P. Blackie was incredible that show.
DEFFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been a while since i been here....

I think it was Tora Tora, Bonham opening, but for sure THE CULT was headlining...from band to band the excitment was building, by the time the Cult took the stage it was crazy..this was in Houston.

Ozzfest (when bands were heavy) Type-O Negative, Pantera, Ozzy and Black Sabbath (Ozzy and Sabbath with Ozzy each with full 90 min sets) that was freaking great. Ozzfest does not make it to Houston, so this was in San Antonio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: