HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Best concert you´ve seen!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazerblitz2112

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judas Priest with Iron Maiden opening, Reunion Arena in Dallas, Tx in 198??(82? 83 maybe?), seats in the rafters.
Screaming for Vengance tour with Number of the Beast tour opening. Best one I ever did. Period. My neck was sore for four days afterwards. As a post note: about 100 or so Fundamentalist Jesus Freaks sporting makeup, robes, huge wooden crosses, and signs derogatory of Maiden's choice of song subject matter rather stupidly gathered just outside Reunion Arena's main rear exit at the end of the concert, positioning themselves exactly between the Arena & it's accompanying parking structure. 2000...maybe 2500 total rivetheads had gathered around them by the time I decided that it was good time to be leaving.

White Zombie with Prong opening, Ft. Worth Texas, unsure of exact venue (at the college?), 199?, at the back of the pit.

Rush with Max Webster opening, Reunion Arena in Dallas, 1978, Section 115. Moving Pictures tour.

Queensryche, Nokia Theater, Grand Prairie, Tx, 2005, there are NO bad seats at Nokia! Mindcrime I followed by Mindcrime II, complete with full multimedia vid displays, additional actors for the album storylines, and the original woman who sang the parts for Mary.

Iron Maiden with either WASP or Vinnie Vincent opening (I honestly can't remember which one, I was so blitzed that night that it could have been both and I'd never have known), Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX, 1985? Section 205. Somewhere on Tour tour. Inflatable Eddie!

Dokken, Scorpions, Metallica, Pantera, & Kingdom Come at the Cotton Bowl, Dallas Tx, General Admission. Monsters of Rock fesival, with the largest recorded paper cup fight in history.

And I know this is a metal board, but you asked for the best, so....
Riders in the Sky with Asleep at the Wheel opening, Kerrville Folk Festival, Kerrville Texas, 1977?, about tenth row. Critter Dancin!
WASP Freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DEFFY"]been a while since i been here....

I think it was Tora Tora, Bonham opening, but for sure THE CULT was headlining...from band to band the excitment was building, by the time the Cult took the stage it was crazy..this was in Houston.

[/quote]

I saw Tora Tora in the club days. Roadied for them a couple of nights. They left with my girlfriend/mattress pad on their bus, she came back like a week later. Not enough bleach in the world, man...but awesome dudes. Ran into them again like a year or so later, and partied with them some more. Really fun guys to hang with. Not too shabby of a band either.
WASPFAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WASP Freak"][quote="Icarus"][quote="WASP Freak"]Oh so many to choose from...

KISS and W.A.S.P. at the Knoxville (TN) Civic Coliseum, 1986 would be real close to the top. . .
[/quote]

Dude, you're my hero for cathing [b]W.A.S.P.[/b] in 86. I'm assuming this was right before the headline tour for [i]Inside the Electric Circus[/i].

[/quote]

Yeah it was the Last Command Tour I'm pretty sure. I physically picked up and moved about half a dozen people to get on the rail for W.A.S.P. Blackie was incredible that show.[/quote]

Yes it was the Last Command Tour. Inside the Electric Circus wasn't released until late 86' I saw them in Feb 86 with KISS at the Salt Place in Salt Lake City, I lived in West Vally City, UT at the time. Damn good show.

As for the best show I have ever seen that would be.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra in 99' in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom. All of Savatage was there minus Jon Oliva. It was full but only because they started out at a different place (cant remember) selling ticketes for a 8:00 & a 10:00 show not enought tickets sold so the moved to a smaller place "The Aragon Ballroom" for two shows still not very many tickets sold so the made it for just one show at 8:00pm. Damn it was the best time I have ever had at a concert. & the even played two songs from their upcoming release Beethoven's Last Night.

Last edited by WASPFAN on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
RAWHEAD RALF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) van halen -- 1984 tour in vancouver . . .

(2) ratt -- collage tour '97 (?) in a club called studebaker's in burnaby, bc . . . thanks to ratt for that one . . .

(3) motley crue -- girls girls girls (oh that's why jailhouse rock on cd -- it's a reference elvis) in vancouver . . .

(4) def leppard -- hysteria tour vancouver w/tesla opening in the round. bon jovi was recording in town at the time -- new jersey -- and he made an appearance on stage with the band . . .

. . . by the way, judgment day by randy piper's animal -- currently on hardradio -- is a very cool song . . .

http://www.callumhouston.com/
musicnyc2727

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best concert i saw was clash of titans tour in 1991 with slayer megadeth and anthrax, that was an amazing show!
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

July 1984
Chicago
Aragon Ballroom

Exciter, Mercyful Fate, Motorhead

I picked this one because back in that day (I was 19 in '84) I never dreamed I would get the opportunity to see Mercyful Fate. I've never anticipated another show more than that one, so I'll go with it.
The Coop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to shout out that I just came back from a short road trip to see Judas Priest with opener Whitesnake in Toronto. Just awesome!!!

The intensity Priest brought to the stage, well you could just taste it.

Whitesnake delivered and had the huge amphitheatre on their feet thanks to Coverdale's powerful vocals and the talent of his dueling guitarists!

I was so thrilled to see and hear the bands that I'd grown up with and stayed loyal to over these (too many) years.

Each band's secret to success is the same tour hard and perform like you're still trying to make the big time! (swimmin' in women fame)

Just had to brag everyone. Thanks!
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great The Coop , I saw them too a few years ago if I remember well, judas and whitesnake together. But Judas didn't play tunes from Nostradamus record cos it wasn't created yet it was the Angel of Retribution tour.

yeah, coverdale's voice is impressive alive.

THIS IOS JUDAS IN CHILE 05: :d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3AF722Rio
YEAH i am one of those maniacs jumping in the front!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: