HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kevin DuBrow dead at 52
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtlhd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Quiet Riot on July 4th. I met his mom at one of their shows at the Galaxy in '05. This sux!! Kevin, you will be missed!! We have lost one of the best singers in heavy metal!
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shock. RIP Kevin.

This made me think of the time that QR and Dee Snider were gonna play Charlotte in 1998 or so, but once we got to the club, we were informed that Kevin had been arrested from a previous incident in Charlotte from many years earlier. They cops were literally waiting on him when he got to town. So, Dee did his thing for about an hour, then came out with Carlos, Rudy, and Frankie, and Dee sang Cum on Feel The Noize, Metal Health, and Highway To Hell since Kevin was in jail. I'm not sure why he was arrested, but he was and in a strange way made for a very memorable evening.
vinyltim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to reports,Kevin died from an accidental cocaine overdose.....so sad.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=287873&GT1=7702
davidleewilson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: A mass of stories but here is one. . . Reply with quote

Here is a rock and roller who embodied all of the qualities that most of us wannabes are either too scared or incapable of attempting. The only thing that could have made his death any better was if there was a hooker involved, (John Entwistle, I miss you too).

I knew Kevin as a concert promoter, a journalist and a fan. I have had a poster from one of his solo shows I promoted (after QR kicked him out) on my wall for years. We almost started a business together at one time and though I know it would have been a stupid thing to do I should have done it. I still have an interview with him that I never published, (he would bust my balls about it after the fact), where I asked him for his “Spinal Tap moment.” Here it is for you: (No one under 12 should read this.)

"Well, there was this one time that I was banging this chick and she was riding me hard and just as I was about to come she gets off for some reason. I came and it shot right in my mouth! I swear to God, it happened!"
digitalbug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello its been a long time since ive posted here I used to be NuclearX Ive had many ups and downs since my bout with M.S. emotionally and fianancially
but to the topic I was shocked when i heard about kevin and remembered the timeback high school man I am getting old
marzguitarz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Kevin is jamming with Randy Rhodes in Metal heaven.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: