HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MEMBERS !!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subtract

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="diamondback88"]

I had the same problem with Amon Amarth. It's hard to take a band seriously when the singer sounds like he's belching the alphabet.[/quote]

LOL, that's pretty funny....but I have to admit, I LOVE a mean growl, yes I do Twisted Evil
diamondback88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mean growl, sure, I like Devil Driver and all that, but sometimes the singers in bands like that just sound like they're standing in an empty room yelling at the wall in the most comical voice they can muster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Subtract

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool, I understand, personal preference and all. I love a variety of growls, or rather, I can't really think of a growl that bothers me (although I'm sure there are some out there).
oddioguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="4stringaxeman"]Dang I am feeling old
I hit 45 christmas eve past
and Reside in a little town of Rossville in the Great State of Georgia
I Play Violin, Cello, Mandolin and Bass
I am into the older hard rock
and not at all into Metal music that sounds like the cookie monster screaming into the mike.
I have heard some really great insturmental pieces[img]http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/yesnod.gif[/img]
only to have it completley trashed by ROARRRRRRRRRR![img]http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif[/im g]

I like music that has a good hard beat with a positive message in the lyrics
not to have the begeezes scared out of me

oh and get ready to be bombarded with cool smileys[img]http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/23.gif[/img]

nothing personal but the ones furnished by the board are kind of ...*Cough Clears throat* well....lame[img]http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/loser.gif[/im g]

other than that this looks like a cool site[img]http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Rock on[img]http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/headbang.gif[/img][/quo te]
Heyyyy...wait a second....
A mandolin has 8 strings!
Hmmmm...
HardCore666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: me Reply with quote

hey i know this thread hasn't been posted in in a couple months but since i'm a newbie i thought i'd take this opportunity to introduce myself...
-My name is Tim
-I reside in the suburbs of Cleveland
-I love all music but especially metal, more specifically thrash (F**K YEA SLAYER!)
-I'm very outgoing and always up for a good time Wink
-love going to concerts (even though theyre so f**kin expensive!)

so yeah that's pretty much me...if youd like to know, just ask

i look forward to meeting you all and hearing your opinions on music, even if i don't agree Rolling Eyes
WASP Freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turn I guess...

40 years old, live in a rural mountain county in upper East Tennessee, at the base of the Appalachian Mountains. I enjoy hiking, fishing, CD collecting, and Confederate history. I'm a probation/parole officer so if any of you act up you'll have to pee in a cup. Very Happy

My favorite bands include W.A.S.P., KISS, AC/DC, Gov't Mule, Every Mother's Nightmare, Motorhead, Rhino Bucket, Jackyl, and hundreds more. I still have a hard time accepting the fact that Randy Rhoads is dead, and I honestly think the world would be a better place if Nelson had stayed under a rock.
dogetahi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a good thread to resurrect

dogetahi is a new member who listens to old school metal (Sabbath), plays guitar (poorly), writes in the 3rd person, and is into Children of Bodom, Opeth, Mastodon, and Lamb of God as of late.
AngyFirebomb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm 27, live in Canada, work in an office, and am a little bit angry. I just joined the msg board today, but have been listening to the site since, oh, about 3-4 days (I wanted to find a decent hard rock station, the local ones weren't cutting it anymore lol). I like mostly rock, alterntative and metal, but my tastes can vary depending on my mood (anything but country really). I also sing, play guitar and bass and am working on a music project that I hope is one day successful. I really could use a sounding board to throw a few ideas around, cause my friends aren't very metal. lol
Myk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AngyFirebomb"]Hi everyone. I'm 27, live in Canada, work in an office, and am a little bit angry. I just joined the msg board today, but have been listening to the site since, oh, about 3-4 days (I wanted to find a decent hard rock station, the local ones weren't cutting it anymore lol). I like mostly rock, alterntative and metal, but my tastes can vary depending on my mood (anything but country really). I also sing, play guitar and bass and am working on a music project that I hope is one day successful. I really could use a sounding board to throw a few ideas around, cause my friends aren't very metal. lol[/quote]

And they're your friends why?

Good luck finding someone to talk to here...(cue the tumbleweeds and crickets)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: