HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOKKEN STRIKES AGAIN!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokken1

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: DOKKEN STRIKES AGAIN! Reply with quote

DOKKEN STRIKES AGAIN

The Band's Rhino Debut Marks a Stunning Return to Classic Form That Stands Up Against Dokken's Past Multi-Platinum Successes

First Album in Four Years Features 12 Brand New Tracks Including "Standing On The Outside," "Oasis," and "Heart To Stone"

Available May 13 from Rhino

LOS ANGELES -- Singer Don Dokken says he set out to prove something with Dokken's tenth studio album, LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN. Taking its title from a track on the band's 1985 classic Under Lock & Key, the new songs bring the group's sound full circle. "It's time that a band from our era did something special and proved that our brand of music is still valid," he says. "Our goal was to create an album that was our best since our heyday."
Dokken returns to the band's roots for its Rhino debut, LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN. The album will be available May 13 at all physical retail outlets and www.rhino.com for a suggested list price $18.98. The album will also be available at all digital retailers for a suggested price of $9.99. Anyone who preorders the album at rhino.com prior to release date will receive an exclusive poster autographed by Don Dokken with their order. For more information, go to www.rhino.com/dokken.

Mixed by Wyn Davis (Dio, Great White), the album features Don Dokken (vocals), Mick Brown (drums), Jon Levin (guitar) and Barry Sparks (bass).
LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN contains 14 tracks, including the breakout tracks, "Standing On The Outside," "Oasis," and "Heart To Stone." The album captures the signature mix of barbed-wire riffs and razor-sharp melodies that made Dokken one of the most dominant creative and commercial forces in the world of melodic hard rock.

The band got its start on Los Angeles' legendary hard rock scene in the early '80s before going on to become one of the era's most enduring and successful artists. With its 1983 debut, Breaking The Chains, the band launched an unforgettable run of classic, multi-platinum albums, including Tooth And Nail (1984), Under Lock And Key (1985) and Back For The Attack (1987).

Dokken helped define the genre with unforgettable smash hits like "Breaking The Chains", "Alone Again," "Just Got Lucky," "Into the Fire," "In My Dreams", and "Dream Warriors". Not only a staple on radio and MTV, Dokken was also one of the decade's most explosive live acts, rocking stadiums and playing to millions of fans around the world. On the verge of superstardom, Dokken broke up in 1989.

Since the band re-formed in 1995 to record Dysfunctional, the quartet has released several albums including Erase The Slate (1999), Long Way Home
(2002) and Hell To Pay (2004). LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN marks a definitive return to Dokken's classic sound. "It's taken a long time to realize our vision for this new album, but I think when fans hear it, they'll understand why. This music is as good as any we did in the '80s."

LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN
Track Listing
1. "Standing On The Outside"
2. "Give Me A Reason"
3. "Heart To Stone"
4. "Disease"
5. "How I Miss Your Smile"
6. "Oasis"
7. "Point Of No Return"
8. "I Remember"
9. "Judgment Day"
10. "It Means"
11. "Release Me"
12. "This Fire"
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it to be ok. Slightly above average.
The Coop

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with Midnight Sun. It's not their heyday for sure, but better than most of their releases offered in the past 15-20 years. Only for a true Dokken fan, not much there for new listeners.
RAWHEAD RALF

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...don dokken's solo stuff's always been consistently quite good. i've bought it all but need to replace as a result of a robbery. the one he did with reb beach, erase the slate was exceptional, as was the disc he did with john norum...
Swidman

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erase the Slate was the last Dokken offering I purchased and I think it was his best since then late 80's. I'll have to listen to the new CD before I decide to purchase it.
mtlhd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Swidman, Erase the Slate is the best album they've done since the Back for the Attack. The new CD is ok, but not great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: