HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judas Priest, Nostradamus - What's the word?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the whole thing in one, so I'm not sure where the cutoff is for disk one and two...but I think it is all actually damn good! Persecution has one of the best vocal parts I've heard in a very long time towards the end of the song, really frigging heavy. There's a lot of diversity in this concept, it isn't all heavy. So, if your looking for 19 Painkillers, your not going to find it here. I like that fact though, it keeps you guessing^^
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT DISC!! I MEAN DISCS!! And anybody that's expecting something along the lines of Screaming For Vengence or British Steel is in for a big surprise. The synthesized Turbo-style guitar work is really a good fit for the overall mood of the album. The whole band sounds great. Halford, in particular, takes his talents to another level. He's probably wanted to do a project like this for years - in other words, a rock opera where he gets to show off his outstanding vocal abilities other than something along the lines of the aforementioned classic JP discs. I give them all the credit in the world for doing a project like this at the risk of losing some of their fans who were probably expecting classic JP. I think their true fans will appreciate it for what it is, though.

My favorite tracks: Prophecy, Pestilence And Plague, Alone (which should be the next single), New Beginnings, and the title track. This is my current frontrunner for best disc of '08.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've listened to it multiple times, and its growing on me....some things on there made me go 'WTF?' (Lost Love..worst song they've ever done imho). The more I listen to the discs as a whole the more I like it. Songs that are standing out are Death, Persecution, Exiled, Alone, Nostradamus, and I do like Visions as well.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Lost Love Shocked

Anyway, yeah it hits different at the start but patience richly rewards the listener.
Myk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jake"]The first disc is different from their past material. I like the first disc, because it's got a different sound, plus some great solos and decent songwriting. The second disc is abysmal. I really don't like anything off the second disc at all. I also wish that they wouldn't have done this concept. It is really a stupid concept, and the lyrics are just as bad as ever. Aside from my dislike for the lyrics and the second disc, the first disc was worth waiting for.[/quote]

I would have bet my house that you would have hated the first disc as well. I'm glad I didn't bet.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to the album and I think it is great.

The last two Judas Priest Album have rocked my world-
They are charged with the energy and quality that you'd expect from a living legend band.

Toatally great so far--- And the concept is very nice Nostradamus and all the four horsemen stuff I think it's a healthy topic to talk about and the music so synphonic , a great metal opera, I'm liking it with all the thunders and the mystic it has ...it gives a vibe...and you can hear people, swords, phtaoms, bells, heat beats, it sounds much like a Final Fantasy album mixzed with real good metal and a lot of the dark mood that you would expect , and yes! not sad but intriguing, and the voice...pff the metal god....the songs have a nice mood, dark though. Ithe songs make you sing...goooods of waaaar deeeevastaaaaation....
reeeecreaaation...

I like all the arrangements and the sound is top quality, you never know what is coming next. I'm in teh sixth song and I'm more than happy with the music I'm listening to.

It even remembers me a little bit of King Diamond's mystic environments.
And the whole time...Nostradamus as the main toopic.
I think on Tobias Sammet and his metal operas....I like them...but , man, this is a Metal Metal Opera!

Long Live Judas Priest Embarassed Laughing
Good albums like this one brings me a good mood and make me happy.

Very Happy
ps.- here is a video a promo for the nostradamus album and the concept...it is very appropiate and helps you to get the mood

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wq1sL7yBGhc
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, metal operas/concept albums should be outlawed. Any band that wants to make a metal concept record should instantly be dropped.

I do like some albums that happen to be concept records, but it's never because of the concept. So often these cheesy concept ideas totally ruin things rather than entice me to listen to the album. This album is one such case. The music is good in many ways, but then you listen to the lyrics and they are filled with cliche's.

I don't think these lyrics are even as good as Gravedigger or Blind Guardian's [a couple of other bands guilty of making employing irritating fantasy concepts for their albums]- and those bands speak English as a second language!

To me, it seems like KK Downing and Tipton wrote a bunch of good music and solos and then they said "hey Rob what have you got?" and Rob had a bunch of his old lyrics talking about evil and monsters and shit and he just subbed out the monster names for Nostradamus's name.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible, boring snoozfest. And this coming from someone who has ' Point Of Entry' and 'Demolition'. Judas Priest chewed more than could swallowed, this wasn't a project for them, the same effect I had with Iron Maiden and AMOLAD.

Thanks for downloading, now you can listen to an album before make the error of a blind purchase.

This is the first time in my life I will not get a Judas priest album and the taste of it it's sour Sad
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wyvern"]Terrible, boring snoozfest. And this coming from someone who has ' Point Of Entry' and 'Demolition'. Judas Priest chewed more than could swallowed, this wasn't a project for them, the same effect I had with Iron Maiden and AMOLAD.

Thanks for downloading, now you can listen to an album before make the error of a blind purchase.

This is the first time in my life I will not get a Judas priest album and the taste of it it's sour Sad[/quote]

Hey Wyvern. Good to see you again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: