HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maiden - Somewhere Back in Time Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Ripper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to see them in august in the netherlands.
can't wait.
Metal1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw them again here in Holmdel, NJ this past Saturday. Outdoor venue, nearly 3 inches of rain fell! It was damn near the coolest thing I've seen - Thousands of insane Maiden fans cheering on the lightning as it came down (I thought we were going to be hit more than once!)

[i]
Bind all of us together
Ablaze of hope and free
No storm or heavy weather
Will rock the boat youll see
The time has come to close your eyes
And still the wind and rain
For the one who will be king
The watcher in the ring
It is you[/i]

That was certainly the verse of the night
Laughing

Set list was the same as last time, but they did throw in a few pleasant changes during the show, and Bruce was flat out hysterical (voice isn't even slightly tired later into the tour, not sure how he does it.) Anyway, Up the Irons!!!
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiden is tonight! I can't friggin wait. I have a feeling this is gonna rank way up there in live shows with me. Got the grill, got the food, got the beer, got the metal, and hanging with good friends and my all time favorite metal band.

Hey Icarus, blow off the family function and meet us in Mansfield! Smile j/k

Up the Irons! \m/
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="10yearsgone"]

Hey Icarus, blow off the family function and meet us in Mansfield! Smile j/k

Up the Irons! \m/[/quote]

[size=18][u][b]YOU SUCK!!![/b][/u][/size] [size=9](actually, I suck because I won't be at the [b]Maiden[/b] show.)[/size]
Evil or Very Mad
Seriously dude, have a blast. The weather today coudn't be better for a show at Great Woods (the old venue name before corporate naming). Small chance of showers, but that's it.
Cool
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a show! Maiden has never been tighter, and I think this may have been the best concert I've seen from them. It did rain during Lauren Harris' set (she sucked), and had a nice little thunderstorm for about 15 minutes during Maiden just to get everyone nice and soaked (yet nobody cared). The entire show was a highlight, a definite blast back to the World Slavery tour as far as the stage setup. I dont want to give anything away to those that haven't seen it, but the highlight is a nice little 13 minute epic about what not to do if a bird shits on you. Smile That was friggin incredible, and it left my jaw on the lawn of Great Woods.

Bruce never sounded better (is the man getting better with age???), and again, the whole band was tight. This show is a definite must see!
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a great show, I had bad visibility but the sound was awsome. Bruce sings now better that he did on LAD, once in my lifetime I was able to see Maiden live a treasure forever.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my review of the June 20th Iron Maiden concert review.

[url=http://www.rockislife.com/soundoff/ironmaiden2008.htm]REVIEW LINK[/url]
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"She’s got the fantastic good looks, impressively awesome body…and the vocal cords of a strangled cat. "

Shocked

"You felt as if you were on that boat."
Very Happy

"I’m a Bruce Dickinson fan. "
xD

"This was the first Maiden show for my brother and while he loved the show nonetheless, what really made it special for him was hearing/seeing them perform his two favorite Maiden songs “Run To The Hills” and “Fear Of The Dark.”"

Oh...So sweet. (And true).

...I'm so sad I missed this show, everybody say good things about it . They always have audio problems, but the show seems to be greater than those. Here in Chile they did only 1 show and tickets sold out on december and the show was on march.
Iron maiden said in interviews that they won't return to chile unless they play in the The biggest Chilean Arena, the National Stadium, and not in the [i]Athletics rack[/i] of the Stadium.

Too many people were out of the concert because tickets were short. In this country, and in any country i guess, Iron Maiden has a huge "legion" of fans.

Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: