HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bible Black - thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swidman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Bible Black - thoughts Reply with quote

Well, just heard most of Bible Black by Heaven and Hell. Upon first listen, Ronnie sounds great and Toni has some nice guitar work. I want to hear the whole song, but it's always nice to hear strong new music from veteran metal icons.

I liked the three songs on the Best of Dio Years CD. Can't wait to hear the entire new set of material from H&H.
WASPFAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the tune , but it sounds like a leftover from Dio's Strange Highways CD?
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

I'm just listening for the frst time.

it sounds really....black!
Laughing

if u haven't listen to it yet just follow this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFLlL1OMtiA

there are many related links there so u can follow them all, and perhaps find the whole music they created?

Question

Cya!

Last edited by Jorge Castillo on Sat May 16, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't sound that good or bad. I'm not exactly psyched for the album. It does sound a little like an early 90s Dio recording with a little Sabbath thrown in.

I'll put it this way: it has a similarity to Dehumanizer, and I don't really find myself listening to that album very often.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

average for the first tune from the new album.
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the album and overall I think it's pretty average. Some pretty good tunes early but a lot of forgettable stuff later on. Most of it is pretty slow-paced, doomy stuff and while Sabbath is great doing this style I think it's a bit of overkill on this disc. You look at all their other disc and there seems to be much more variance in the song styles present. If I can remember correctly there are only two "up-tempo" songs and only two songs with softer, acoutic-type passages (Bible Black being one). And as much crap as Dio has taken for his wizards and dragon lyrics over the years, I have to admit I prefer that style much more than what appears here (although the lyrics to Neverwhere are fantastic).

Don't get me wrong, although everything I typed above is pretty negative, overall there are still some good moments on this disc and it's not a bad release at all. But as a long time fan of both Sabbath (regardless of the singer) and as a long time fan of Ronnie James Dio (regardless of who he was singing for), I found this disc somewhat disappointing. If you weren't blown away by the three tracks on The Dio Years release, you probably won't be blown away by this.
musicnyc2727

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i first heard it i thought it was average but the more and more i listen i really like it. i think its a cd where you have to give it a few spins to really get into it
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this album for a while. I'm sure everyone else does too. I don't think I'll listen to it that often. It's not bad, but nothing motivates me to put it on again. At least it didn't completely bore me like Fused and the DEP sessions did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: