HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Poster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SomethingWicked

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: New Poster Reply with quote

I’m new here at Hard Radio. I’ll only stay on a few conditions.

First that there are no oldtimers rambling on about how much Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Anthrax and all those other losers who played metal before Iced Earth and no dullard rambling endlessly about how Ronnie James Dio sang metal the way it was meant to be sung or some nonsense like that.

Second thing is no one can reply to me with those stupid faces or other icons. I hate those things. If I wasn’t politically correct, I’d say those things were gay. And while we’re at it, how about if the folks monitoring these boards can filter out all stupid responses? I’m a pretty smart guy with an important job and I shouldn’t have to deal with idiots.

Finally, no Ozzy Osbourne imitators. The man is beyond pathetic. The last thing I need when I’m trying to have an intelligent discussion about metal is for some halfwit to respond with “Sharon” or “I'm the Prince of f**k Darkness”. This tiresome has been wore out his welcome 20 years ago and the idiots who admire this dope reflect poorly on intelligent headbangers everywhere.

I much smarter than most of the fans here, but I’ll do my best not to talk down to you nice people. I assure everyone here that you’ll all enjoy my insights into metal and hard rock and music in general. I’ll start posting as soon as my three conditions are met.

Last edited by SomethingWicked on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
SomethingWicked

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, here's one more condition. Anyone who uses any or all members of Manowar as an avatar must refer to me as "sir". It is obvious that a person who represents themselves with the image of a band clad in loinclots is only doing so to compensate for a small penis. Thus I am a superior man to you, and you will treat me with the respect I deserve.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw look someone left a funny toy in the free for all forum. Very Happy <---
Ronnie James Dio sang metal the way it was meant to be sung. Rolling Eyes <--Again
“I'm the Prince[cess] of f**k Darkness” Evil or Very Mad <-- not again!
I’ll do my best not to talk down to you[b] nice people[/b] Who told you we were all nice? Razz <--- last one? Maybe...

sir... my cats name is Sur. Spelled like Big Sur... but I think he rates it more. You're funny. You amuse me. You are welcome here and I approve. [img]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/Spirit0nParole/Emotes/um ph.gif[/img]<-- that one just slipped in!!
The Coop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something Wicked,

I'm going on the assumption you're email is simply a put-on and that you're not as big a dick as you first appear. Shame though for you, as the expression goes, you only have one chance to make a first impression. Anyhow, I won't waste too many words in response to your antisocial introduction of yourself, suffice giving you a little advice. Yes, this board can seem quiet from time to time,but it tends to be filled with posts from people who are genuine and open minded about other people's thoughts. That's what keeps me reading here, it's a rare site with respectful posters. To me, that seems rare in comparison with most other leisure net sites. Not likely, anyone will really put you in your place if your shitty attitude persists, but you will be ignored. If that's what you're objective is fine, but if not I'd suggest you try an approach a bit more friendly and open-minded.

Hopefully you'll actually contribute to this board.

Cheers.
Swidman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Coop"]Something Wicked,

I'm going on the assumption you're email is simply a put-on and that you're not as big a dick as you first appear. Shame though for you, as the expression goes, you only have one chance to make a first impression. Anyhow, I won't waste too many words in response to your antisocial introduction of yourself, suffice giving you a little advice. Yes, this board can seem quiet from time to time,but it tends to be filled with posts from people who are genuine and open minded about other people's thoughts. That's what keeps me reading here, [b]it's a rare site with respectful posters.[/b] To me, that seems rare in comparison with most other leisure net sites. Not likely, anyone will really put you in your place if your shitty attitude persists, but you will be ignored. If that's what you're objective is fine, but if not I'd suggest you try an approach a bit more friendly and open-minded.

Hopefully you'll actually contribute to this board.
Cheers.[/quote]

I remember a time when this place started out as a great mb with cool people all the time. It flourished! Then there was a HUGE flame war and most, if not all, of those original posters don't come around anymore, or very infrequently. I think the flame war was back in 1999 or 2000?
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know though this is still one of the best boards for actual relevant posts as opposed to a jullion lame alphabet game or stuff like that just to boost post counts and clutter the forums. If I want intelligent conversation or actually information and good reviews I still come here first.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rockangel"]You know though this is still one of the best boards for actual relevant posts as opposed to a jullion lame alphabet game or stuff like that just to boost post counts and clutter the forums. If I want intelligent conversation or actually information and good reviews I still come here first.[/quote]

ditto, there are several thousand daily HardBoard visitors, mainly just reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: