HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vinnie Vincent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bohica

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Vinnie Vincent Reply with quote

From the 8/26/09 news:

"Former KISS guitarist VINNIE VINCENT has sued the band several times since he left the group back in 1984 - but this time he's thrown a cable network into the mix. Vincent is suing the band, along with A&E Television Networks, for using his image without his permission. According to a lawsuit filed earlier this month, Vincent claims his image was used in a DVD boxed set called Kissology Volume II. In addition to that, Vincent claims his image image was used as part of the 'roast' episode of A&E's show Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Vincent also claims Simmons defamed him on an A&E show called Private Sessions, though he doesn't specify what defamatory statements were made. Vincent is seeking unspecified damages."

VV and his lawsuits are getting old. This guy hasn't put out an album/CD in like 15 years... let alone one that was decent in over 20 years. He was an asshole to his original band members, calling them parasites or something along those lines.

I don't like Gene Simmons. He has whored out the KISS name... but VV should let sleeping dogs lie, and go back to making albums like his Invasion back in 1986!! That's where he shined!
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,
but if they used his image and he got nothing in rteturn he deserves the payment. I mean, it's what it is. If they use your image they have to pay you, and that's it.

I mean it's a legal thing, right? You can agree or not in the music aspect, but what is fair is fair.
The guy deserves his [i]pesos [/i].
A video Laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8IBOcXzxs
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jorge Castillo"]Yeah,
but if they used his image and he got nothing in rteturn he deserves the payment. I mean, it's what it is. If they use your image they have to pay you, and that's it.

I mean it's a legal thing, right? You can agree or not in the music aspect, but what is fair is fair.
The guy deserves his [i]pesos [/i].
A video Laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8IBOcXzxs[/quote]

I agree with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: