HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dio Sabbath! Friday Night!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Dio Sabbath! Friday Night! Reply with quote

Heaven and Hell in Boston Friday night! Will be great seeing the Gods again.

And Priest was incredible on the 30th anniv. British Steel tour this summer as well.

That is all.

Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's today! Try to put some pictures-
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I missed the Priest and Heaven and Hell shows. I wish shows would come to Maine, because I'm tired of driving 2 hours to see some band in the middle of the night. One time I drove for nearly 2 hours to see some band and the show was canceled. I drove 4 hours round-trip! I've been told it didn't use to be that way. That the civic center and state theatre had cool metal bands, but I guess that's over with. Too bad.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jake"]Ugh I missed the Priest and Heaven and Hell shows. I wish shows would come to Maine, because I'm tired of driving 2 hours to see some band in the middle of the night. One time I drove for nearly 2 hours to see some band and the show was canceled. I drove 4 hours round-trip! I've been told it didn't use to be that way. That the civic center and state theatre had cool metal bands, but I guess that's over with. Too bad.[/quote]

Jake, you got that right about traveling to and from. H&H was incredible last night....Same setlist that has been posted elsewhere, the band was tight, and I'm convinced Dio is not human. That voice...damn.

Now that Im a little older my recovery time is alot longer after a late night like that. I went to a show at show at Mohegan Sun (after driving from SoPo) only to find out it was postponed. I dated a girl for a bit that used to manage the building the State Theatre resides, and she said they did get some bands I would have loved (even Priest on the AoR tour).

Because Motorhead is in Boston next week, I will miss it for no other reason than I dont want to travel for it.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Heaven and Hell on their reunion tour a couple years back and WOW!!! What a show! Dio is incredible, although I can hear a slight difference in his voice now VS what it was 15 or 20 years ago.

But still, for a guy his age he is simply amazing - they all are! This band is like a freaking tank steamrolling over the audience.

I'd love to see them again.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen H&H 3 times. Twice in 2007 and once in 2009. Their very first show as H&H in Vancouver in 2007 + their first North American show in 2009. Great times! Hope the band continues for another album/tour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: