HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ozzy Osbourne - Scream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Ozzy Osbourne - Scream Reply with quote

Man, it's hard to believe that Ozzy has fallen this far.

Scream is a major disappointment. It's noisy and disjointed, and just not very good.

I've got a rather long review that I wrote, and if you're on the fence about this album (to buy or not to buy), you may want to read this first.

http://www.vistarecords.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=albumreviewsandd iscussion&action=display&thread=226&page=1

While Down to Earth was fairly good (even if not in the same class as Ozzy's best albums), Black Rain was a step down from that, and Scream is a step down from Black Rain. I blame Kevin Churko as much as anyone since he produced the album and co-wrote all the songs.
The Coop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy, Rolling Stones, the list is long for rock legends who should have thrown in the towel many years ago. It's really hard to theorize why someone as wealthy and accomplished as Ozzy feels the need to continue. I guess the only answer is that he still loves being in the game. Although we can't fault the guy for refusing to retire, it's still kind of sad to hear him deteriorate with each new release. Ah well, he's not hurting anybody. Look at how many old lawyers, doctors, accountants, etc. that continue to work. Good money, while exercising the brain matter.
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik,
Thanks for the review. Ozzy is just becoming more and more of a joke as time goes on. The real joke is on his fans, especially the younger fans who eat this stuff up. They purchase the album just because Ozzy's name is on it. In all reality, that's all that Ozzy (and Sharon) care about - getting shown the money.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? I don't blame Ozzy for this debacle.

He can't write music, so he's completely dependent on those around him to supply him with the music. In the past he's had greats like Randy Rhoads, Bob Daisly, Jake E. Lee, and Zakk Wylde supplying him with music.

Now it's Kevin Churko. There's a reason why Churko is a producer and not a big name recording or touring musician.

Had Ozzy (Sharon and Churko, really) let Gus G. bring some stuff to the table late in the production of the album they could have added 3 or 4 of his songs - which would have cut 3 or 4 of the weakest songs on Scream and made it a much better album.

Ozzy's voice is still holding out fine in the studio, and he still has a decent ear for vocal melodies, so with a top notch songwriter like Gus providing music and someone else there to help out with polishing up the vocal melodies and providing most of the lyrics Ozzy is still capable of putting out a great album.

Scream ain't it.
Icarus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a video for, I think, the title track.

It may have been one of the worst things I've heard in a while from Ozzy.
Metal1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even going to watch it, as it may very well kill my pointer-finger. I love Ozzy, kind of like a guy loves his old dog. But I think Ozzy is kind of the total opposite of Dio in more ways than one. In this case, Ozzy has become a medical freak that somehow lives on to make music that is most likely written by someone else, and definately sucks.

Dio died from cancer, something we all know about - But he kept on singing and writing from his heart. I'm sorry for derailing this topic, but I can't stop watching old Dio videos and litstening to his voice. I don't think it has totally settled in as to the influence RJD has had on Metal. Jeebus, I just downloaded the whole Manowar tribute, and even Eriv Adams couldn't match the original! My God, a whole key down? That's just not right...
chris1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Ozzy Osbourne OzTV Webisodes was a top story. Here it is again: (hennemusic) The latest two OzTV webisodes featuring behind-the-scenes footage of Ozzy Osbourne's current "Scream" tour are now available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: