HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Favourite Guitar Solos!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Coop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: 3 Favourite Guitar Solos!! Reply with quote

I'm sure this thread has already existed, but I thought it's time to bring it back. Lately I've been really listening to the guitar work on my fave albums. I'll get the list started. Please note, that this is just off the top of my head. I'm a little busy with life to really rack my brains on this one. Just having fun here. My first list of 3 great guitar solos:

1. Thin Lizzy's 'Thunder and Lightning' - guitar by John Sykes
2. Quiet Riot's 'Cum On Feel The Noize' - guitar by Carlos Cavazo
3. Ozzy's 'Bark At The Moon' - guitar by Jake E. Lee

Have fun with your lists. Come on now don't be shy....

P.S. Honourable mention to Rush's 'Limelight' with of course, Alex Lifeson on guitar.
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. March for Revenge - Manowar. Like them or not, listen to that solo. It is probably the only one I ever heard that gave me chills!

2. People Passing By - Pain of Salvation. Its more of an instrumental part, but I'll call it a solo anyhoo. Sick is the best word I can use to describe it.

3. Stone in Love - Journey. Not totally metal, but the end of that song is incredible. That is the best example of a guitar actually singing that I've ever heard.
Magic-Mistress

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears (But There is Awsome Bass Party)
Steve Vai - For The Love Of God
Marillion - Chelsea Monday

(These are the first who came in mind)
The Coop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Mistress likes Marillion. Excellent! I rarely meet a Marillion fan but I totally agree that their guitarist is a cut above and the solo for Chelsea Monday is incredible. I saw the band live more years ago than I care to admit as I'll be aging myself, but suffice to say, it was one of the best shows I've seen. I've been listening to Marillion since '83 or '84. Thanks for reminding me.

Cheers.
Swidman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Metal1"]
3. Stone in Love - Journey. Not totally metal, but the end of that song is incredible. That is the best example of a guitar actually singing that I've ever heard.[/quote]

Never underestimate the talent of Neil Schon. This guy is always overlooked when the subject of guitarist is mentioned.

Oh, I was a big Marillion fan back in the early to mid 80's when Fish fronted them. Then I lost touch with them. I really should give them another listen.

Here's my list of favorite solos (I'm older):
1. Rock Bottom - UFO: Gotta love Schenker on this classic. Just sores.
2. Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin: I know Jimmy was smacked out of his mind, but damn I love this one.
3. Slow Ride- Foghat: First rock album I ever bought was Foghat-Live! and this solo just kills me every time I hear it. Air guitar frenzy!
DEFFY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Rhoads: Mr. Crowley
Richie Blackmore: Smoke on the water (or anything that the dude did on guitar)
Tony Iommi: Warning
On Iommi, I know the solo is sloppy and it had the double lead tracks, so double sloppy?...anyway, but when I listen to this song is like I am in a trance from begining to end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Magic-Mistress

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Coop"]Magic Mistress likes Marillion. Excellent! I rarely meet a Marillion fan but I totally agree that their guitarist is a cut above and the solo for Chelsea Monday is incredible. I saw the band live more years ago than I care to admit as I'll be aging myself, but suffice to say, it was one of the best shows I've seen. I've been listening to Marillion since '83 or '84. Thanks for reminding me.

Cheers.[/quote]
I listen Mariillion from 1983 - 1989 When fish went away, mariilion is no more the same, i don`t like the new stuff, it is`nt bad, but it is not for me anymore Smile Script From Jesters tears was amazing album and still it is Smile
mtlhd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, off the top of my head:

Ozzy - Goodbye to Romance Randy Rhodes (live version)

Poison - Until you suffer some (fire & ice) Richie Kotzen

Chrissy Steele - Love Don't Last Forever Brian MacLeod
The Coop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mthd wrote:

Chrissy Steele - Love Don't Last Forever Brian MacLeod

Would this be the same Brian MacLeod from Chiliwack and Headpins fame? If so, I love Brian 'Too Loud' MacLeod! I'm a big Headpins fan. The solo on their single 'Celebration' is very interesting and raw all at once.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: