HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best of 2010
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtlhd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Best of 2010 Reply with quote

Scorpions - Sting in the Tail

Ratt - Infestation
mtlhd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have another one:

Accept - Blood of the Nations
The Coop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armored Saint 'La Raza'
Magic-Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting For new album of Ken Hensley in 2010
METAL ROKKZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLAYER-WORLD PAINTED BLOOD

accept dont touch the slayer !!!
neither does the manowar ep thunder in the sky.

i bought the new doobie brothers along with accept...
man what a bummer, "world gone crazy"
is terrible....no rokkrs on it....shame on ted templeman
for letting it sukk so bad.......
patrick simmons and tom johnston....what fukkin happened....?
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18][b]TREAT - “Coup De Grace”[/b][/size]

[size=18][b]H.E.A.T. – “Freedom Rock”[/b][/size]

[size=18][b]Chris Laney – “Only Come Out At Night”[/b][/size]
Bulletproof

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's Accept - Blood of the Nations and Sister Sin, True Sound of the Underground.

Sister Sin - [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZngEtrYGjgk][u]24/7 (UDO cover)[/u][/url]

Sister Sin - [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3rGWCI0w88][u]Better Than Them[/u][/url]

How did this kick-ass band not make it into regular rotation?
Magic-Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Bought A tickets to [b]Therion[/b] show in 1st December - Club - Black Friday
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh - Scenes from Hell is the only standout release I can think of. It's total atmosphere and performance is worthwhile. Best symphonic/experimental black/post black metal disc I've heard in a while.

By contrast, I expected to really dig Ihsahn's newest prog/avante garde blackmetal release, even getting a little excited about him putting saxophone breaks on it. It's not bad and there is some good material, but besides the sax, it really isn't that new or different from his first couple of releases. I think he has peaked [on his solo career] with Angl.

Forbidden and Death Angel both released listenable thrash albums. Forbidden's Omega Wave material coming out strong for their recent tour [which I saw- good show]. The sticker that contends Death Angel's newest is their fiercest since the debut is utter bullshit. It's a mix of thrash, post thrash, and a sort of metalcore sound. I like parts of it, but I wouldn't have missed it if I hadn't bought it. I will give them points for having the coolest metal cover I've seen in quite some time. Totallymetal and fierce looking. Too bad the product inside doesn't match the image.

The new Atheist is growing on me. The songs don't flow nor the solos shred as much as newer tech death groups like the awesome Obscura or even Necrophagist. Riffs aren't even that crunchy. But on the other side, these songs aren't really that bad. The fact that they aren't just going crazy with the shredding makes it stand out and have a unique sound. Who knows? Maybe a long time from now this will stand out more than all the guys playing the more aggressive riffs.

Then I've got some by the numbers black metal with Limbonic Art and Keep Of Kalessin's latest offerings. Actually I sort of like Keep of Kalessin's meld of melodeath and black metal, It is rather catchy. Not a top ten contender [or it wouldn't be if I had purchased more than 9 or 10 2010 offerings].

The biggest letdown of the year is Therions Sitra Ardra- a boring, 70s rock mixed with lukewarm choir vocals type composition. Or should I say compost? Most of this just bores the hell out of me. I love this band. I love experiments. It's cool that they aren't always trying to be super dark or evil or have the same vibe on each record. What aren't cool are these songs. Just totally bland for the most part. I'd like to give it more chances if it weren't so painful to listen to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: