HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I NEED BAND SUGGESTIONS... PLEASE READ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadAssOutlaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: I NEED BAND SUGGESTIONS... PLEASE READ.... Reply with quote

ok.. I grew up in Wisconsin, great Rock music location but have lived here in Hawaii for the past 7 years. Within the first year I was here, the one crappy rock radio station that hawaii had, changed to yet another reggae station lol..

anyways.. so now every 6 months or so, i go around and i look for new bands that i might like.. I'm so behind in the music scene, so there might be bands that you might think i'll like from like 5 years ago, so no suggestions are bad ones..

what i like..

Metallica has always been my number 1, through thick and thin... but i'm NOT a huge metal guy.. the most metal i get is Pantera..

i'm more of a heavy, HARD ROCK guy..

Godsmack, Black Stone Cherry, most of Buckcherry lol, Disturbed, Brand New Sin (original singer), Anthrax (john bush years), Rob Zombie, Dropkick Murphys, Rise Against, Jackyl, Seether,

the list goes on..

i love heavy, fast guitar solos mixed with rough, but good vocals.. every great band needs a great lead guitar and frontman imo.

If you can think of ANYTHING and ANYONE that you think i might like, please do NOT hesitate to post....

hard rock, rock, southern rock, some metal (i hate screamers lol)...
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of really good bands worth to check in the last few years, I throw a bit of everything but black and death:

Wolf
Enforcer
Astral Doors
Sister Sin
Grand Magus (last three albums)
White Wizzard
Final Stage
Black Tide (it seems only the debut tho)
Savage Messiah
Urto
Brute Force
Hour Of 13
Poisonblack
Scale The Summit
Darkwater
Twinspirits
Benedictum
Stimulans
Sabaton
Abandoned
Beto Vazquez Infinity
Tyr
Boneshaker
Icarus Witch
Charred Walls Of The Damned
Dream Evil
Firewind (last three albums)
BadAssOutlaw

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dude.. appreciate the list... this is basically what i do every other 6 months or so, make me a list of bands i've never heard of and then check them out to see if anything i like. easier when people can suggest some for me, rather than searching around for hours lol.. thanks again

will let you know what i like...
bitshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I NEED BAND SUGGESTIONS... PLEASE READ.... Reply with quote

[quote="BadAssOutlaw"]

Metallica has always been my number 1, through thick and thin... but i'm NOT a huge metal guy.. the most metal i get is Pantera..

i'm more of a heavy, HARD ROCK guy..

Godsmack, Black Stone Cherry, most of Buckcherry lol, Disturbed, Brand New Sin (original singer), Anthrax (john bush years), Rob Zombie, Dropkick Murphys, Rise Against, Jackyl, Seether,

the list goes on..

i love heavy, fast guitar solos mixed with rough, but good vocals.. every great band needs a great lead guitar and frontman imo.

If you can think of ANYTHING and ANYONE that you think i might like, please do NOT hesitate to post....

hard rock, rock, southern rock, some metal (i hate screamers lol)...[/quote]

Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed, Rob Zombie, John Bush (Anthrax and Armored Saint) are also on my list of hard rock favorites. But I also like some "screamers" and "cookie monster vocals", though, so I'll limit my recommendation to the mainstream stuff.

You might want to check out Black Label Society with former Ozzy guitarist Zakk Wylde. "The Blessed Hellride" from 2003 is a pretty accessible album, though the vocals may not immediately grab you...
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been digging this band Cyclone Temple lately. They remind me of Anthrax mixed with Alice in Chains or early 90s alternative/grunge. This occurred to me as soon as I read the bands you're into. The band is actually old though. I just never hear anyone talking about them. So they are new to me.

Anyone else have Cyclone Temple - I Hate Therefore I Am? I've been picking up random "cult" thrash, speed, black, death albums when I see them at the store. Especially thrash. If I see something that was on Combat from the late 80s early 90s I snag it.

Looking through my recent cds, I have to say that I don't have many recommendations that aren't avant garde or death metal. The last albums by Forbidden, Helloween, Overkill, Death Angel were all reasonably solid and compare somewhat to Metallica. If you haven't checked out the reunited Death Angel it's a worthwhile band. A mix of heavy rock ala Motorhead and old school thrash/speed like Metallica or Testament and that sort of thing.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

try reckless love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDdD5MnUf6k
hdhunter7685

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Lazarus A.D. out of Kenosha, Wi. and Dirge Within from Chicago, Il. Both are really good Thrash bands. You won't be disappointed
Lazarus A.D. has 2 CDs "the Onslaught" and "Black Rivers Flow"
Dirge Within has 1 - "Force Fed Lies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: