HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MALICE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
METAL ROKKZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: MALICE Reply with quote

Legendary US metal band MALICE signed a worldwide deal with SPV / Steamhammer. Original members Jay Reynolds (guitars), Mick Zane (guitars) and Mark Behn (bass) entered the Silver Cloud Studios in Los Angeles together with new singer James Rivera (Helstar) and new drummer Pete Holmes (Black N´Blue) to re-record some of their classics plus 4 new songs. The producer is Joe Floyd (Warrior) who also was involved in producing records of Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford. The album is scheduled for a May 2012 release.

“We were all amazed at the great crowd responce and turn out for the gigs we played in 2011 , and it feels great to have a well known label like SPV behind us, be in the studio with a veteran line up and have a killer producer…… there will no longer be an abscence of MALICE !!” comments Jay Reynolds.

The band can`t wait to go on tour and dates will be announced soon. Bass player Robert Cardenas (Agent Steel) , who also recorded the new tracks in the studio, will step in for Mark Behn on the live front.

SPV / Steamhammer A&R / Product manager Olly Hahn comments: “Malice was always underrated. With their two albums “In The Beginning” and “License To Kill” they created timeless US Metal and it´s time to let all the younger fans know about this and show the older fans that Malice is still capable to write songs in the name of metal. I`m very happy that the band decided to be part of the growing SPV / Steamhammer family.”

MALICE was formed in 1981 and released two albums: In The Beginning (1985) and License To Kill (1986) and one EP Crazy In The Night (1988). They also were part – and the only band with two songs - of the first legendary “Metal Massacre”-Sampler in 1982. Malice toured in the US, Canada and Europe with bands like Alice Cooper, WASP and Slayer. Most memorable gig was in 1982 when Malice played in Los Angeles at the Troubador Club - support act was an unknown band called……. Metallica.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

to bad the singer "james neal" isnt screamin for em again
Crusader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the two Malice albums on vinyl, and I would very much like to hear something new from the band.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any American power metal bands left that James Riviera hasn't fronted?!? Metal Church, Savatage, and Jag Panzer need to get back together just so he can sing for them too. I'm amazed that this guy gets around so much.

I've never heard Malice, but I've been curious. I'll go look up some songs right now. Jay Reynolds involvement with Metal Church should have piqued my interest earlier [Metal Church are one of my favorite metal bands].
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out Malice again. This band isn't my thing. Most of their stuff is sort of really heavy LA metal. It reminds me of Laaz Rockit's first album [before they were thrash], Motley Crue back when they were heavier, early WASP and the heavier moments of a number of other mid 80s metal bands. Not bad, but not really spectacular either. James Riviera is still a great vocalist though. Maybe they'll go in a heavier Vicious Rumors type direction.
METAL ROKKZ

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to bad the singer "james neal" isnt screamin for em again

jake, i would say your thinking of a differant singer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: