HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hidden Gems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Coop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Hidden Gems Reply with quote

Good day All,

I thought I'd start a new thread about established artists or bands who have albums that are often overlooked as these were recorded prior to or after their proverbial heydays. The inspiration for this thread came to me as I was recently putting together a Scorpions mix and was listening for the first time to the band's "Unbreakable" release. It floored me, it was completely awesome IMHO. 'Unbreakable' came out in '04 I believe. Obviously most of us are familiar with and love 'Blackout', 'Lovedrive' and so on. I'm sure we could all come up with one or more solo or band releases that would likely floor most people and surprise us that we hadn't yet enjoyed them.

Looking forward to your responses. Cheers.
Swidman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Unbreakable when it came out and was really surprised it didn't get more airplay. There are a lot of good songs on that CD.

Here is my contribution:
Heaven Forbid - Blue Oyster Cult
mtlhd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree. I really like Unbreakable. Tracks like "Can You Feel It", "Through My Eyes" and also "She Said" which amazes me how great Klaus Meine sounds after so many years. He is truly one of the most underrated rock singers of all time.

While on the subject of Scorpions, I also enjoy Humanity Hour One. It's more modern sounding but still retains their sound. I think it's also an amazing album.
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One album I rarely see anyone mention is Judas Priest's Sin After Sin album. It's definitely a classic, and I don't think there's one bad song on it. It's one of my favourite Priest albums!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: