HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KKZR is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEFFY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: KKZR is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

They are back online. They are playing new released metal music as well, but the old school rock and metal is also part of their rotation. I missed the "if it's too loud, you're too old" phrase.

http://www.zrockkkzr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Swidman

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to listen to that station back in the 80's when it was only on the air for about a year in the Chicago area. Then Christian based organization bought the frequency it was on and changed the format. I never heard that station again and missed it terribly because all the other rock stations at the time were playing the same safe garbage.

I love Hard Radio, but it's good to have another station to listen too so you don't get burned out on the playlist from one station.

BTW, I also listen to Armegedon Radio and Black Diamond Radio on the internet with Hard Radio being my "go-to" station for most of the week.

Thanks for the update about Z Rock!
DEFFY

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that station was great back in the 80's. I stopped listening to the other radio stations at that time because the DJ were getting a little older and they started to play more of the classic rock. And Zrock met the same fate as your station, they changed format.
When I moved to the San Antonio TX area in the late 90's, Zrock was still around on the AM dial. But the station had changed quite a bit by then, more of the nu-metal stuff was being played along with some of the 80's metal. It was no longer the same.

And i am not planning on leaving HR, just compliment it a little. And on some devices like iphone or windows phone, HR disconnects quite a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I programmed the Z-Rock network and took it in to San Antonio in 1989 on KSJL-AM. We forced KISS (where I used to work) into a format change to oldies in early 1990. After I left they went more alternative with the format. I created the HardRadio concept as a competitor to Z-Rock and wound up putting it online in 1995.
DEFFY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well HardRocker, sounds like I have been following your radio stations/feeds for a very long time. You have been doing a awesome job, thanks.
Just slightly touching back on ZROCK though, I have come to find out that I was excited more because of a "sentimental" attachment to a particular brand or name at a specific time my teens in the 80's. It is great that ZROCK is now streaming online, but it is not what it was - I don't think it could be what it was, and what it is now, trying to merge, classic, metal, rock, nu-metal and everything under the sun just does not work, at least not for me.
I hope you have plans on keeping HR going for many many years and that you stay out of the XM-Sirius. I am not paying for it Very Happy .
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: