HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

govt. mule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyldeman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 29, 2000 6:47 pm    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

i don't post very often, but i just wanted to turn those of you who haven't heard of them onto Govt. Mule. they aren't metal, but they kick ass all the same. i had the pleasure of being in the front row of a govt. mule club gig in charlottesville va this past saturday night. anyone who likes heavy blues and musicians who can play their ass off oughta check 'em out.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 9:03 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

I've heard about them thru several friends. I've never checked out their stuff tho. May have to.

Isn't one of their members a former Allman bros player?
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 9:25 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

Warren Haynes. Dude can play some guitar. I've always wanted to check these guys out but never have. Same for Zakk Wylde's newer stuff.
freeride

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 9:47 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

I've been preaching Gov't Mule forever! I have all their stuff. Warren Haynes is one badass player but the rythym section is awesome too. Check out one of their live CDs for starters.
Also, yeah the guitarist Haynes and the Bassist Allen Woody were in The Allmans and were a big part of their "comeback" a few years back.
I saw G.M. open for The Allmans then get up and play with them for about 3 more hours.How many musicians have that kind of stamina nowadays? That's one of the reasons I respect them so much.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 10:01 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

I agree with freeride 100% on this one....Gov't Mule is one badass band. I had the opportunity to see them in Charlotte a couple years ago, and Warren Haynes can play guitar like nobodys business. Probably one of the best slide players in the world. I've seen Haynes both with the Allmans and with Gov't Mule, and he is definitely the sh*t. They are pure jammin' rock n roll. I have some great pictures of them as well from that Charlotte show. They were supposed to open for Skynyrd/ZZTop in Nashville last Nov., but we got the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies instead. Nothing against Skynyrd or ZZ, but Gov't Mule was the main reason I was going to that show.
Black Spiral Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2000 10:05 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

I've wanted to check these guys out since I heard Hetfield rave about them. Anyone have an album recommendation?
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2000 12:22 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

I would personally recommend Live at the Roseland. I believe it was recorded one New Year's Eve, and it smokes from beginning to end.

Night-Breed, do yourself a favor and check out some Zakk. Book of Shadows is more mellow than Black Label Soceity, and Pride and Glory has a real southern feel to it. Plus, its great drinkin' music! (But what music ain't?) But all 3 of his solo discs are great.
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2000 10:24 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

Well Buy.com, for reasons unknown, emailed me a $10 off coupon for use on their site. Damn! I could get any cd I want!! What did I order you ask? Gov't Mule Live! Why not, Freeride has kick ass taste, the rest of you are very convincing, and I love guitar work. Good enough for me. I already know I'm gonna dig it!
My recommendation for y'all: Atomic Bitchwax. This cd rocks! It also has some kick ass guitar goin on. Rock on!
freeride

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2000 8:58 am    Post subject: govt. mule Reply with quote

Thanks Hippyblood! I just ordered ATOMIC BITCHWAX. I love Monster Magnet so brother Ed's side deal should rule.Hope you dig the Mule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: