HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I feel like I'm gonna explode!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OverMuch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 12:23 am    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Heather, will you marry me? We'll have beautiful, f.ucked up children together.

"civic duty"...a woman after my own heart.

I can't complain about my own girlfriend, tho...she recently commented that the new Demons and Wizards was "beautiful" and I haven't been able to get my D.A.D. cd's away from her lately. We're on the right track!

As an aside, I'd much rather listen to Foreigner, Bryan Adams, and Loverboy than rap or country.

GOD, country makes my teeth itch...
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 12:27 am    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Makes me totally insane!! But where I work I haven't even the possibilty to listen to radio music. It's just a poor selection of pop songs which seem to be running on a 30 minute tape on repeat. So I am forced to listen to this ultimate crap all day long, every day of the week. I don't think they have changed the song selection for about three weeks, if not more. It's enough to drive even the sanest of person to mental breakdown!
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 2:09 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Night's got a hot goth chick finally!! Awright. Man, seems like Night and I run the same kind of girl schedule. I'm seein one that likes classic rock. So, there's also hope here. She wants to be a cop too, like me, and a pilot. A flying pig, or that's the way she put it.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 4:17 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Poor Britney - BG and NB are breaking her heart. She'll probably go into a coma and where would that put top 40 radio? Who cares.

DTFM - I know what you mean about the old school country. I enjoy a Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn toon every now and again.

I can handle any kind of music in small doses. It really sux when you're force fed crappy music tho.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 4:44 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

About classic rock radio stations....I'm sure a few people on this board can vouche for me when I say the classic rock station here plays the same songs by the same bands over and over and over again. Needless to say, my tape collection in my truck has grown mightily since I've come to Music City. But when I don't feel like rockin, and need to listen to something, I've got a slew of different things to listen to....I actually have some R&B, soft rock, and even some opera and a little country. But I cannot and will not listen to rap, and most of the time I do not listen to the radio for because of the redundant airplay on the radio.

For the record, there is a 15 year old in my house begging me to take him to see Britney Spears in September. And the scary thing is, I'm actually considering it. But I'm also considering taking him to see Kiss too.
Motorola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 5:32 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Most of the stuff on the radio makes my stomach turn, how can people listen to that crap? I hate to sound elitist, but lately I have begun to think that HR and HM are elite music forms, because they actually demand quite a lot of attention from the listener. What do you think of belonging to an elite, Templar? The only people who are experts on their favourite music, the bands, the musicians, the history, etc. are the metallers (and to some extent people who are into classical and jazz). The normal pop radio listener does not know anything about what he/she is listening to and doesn't care either. The reason they don't is obvious: There isn't anything to get very excited about. They think it's amazing how metallers (and other music lovers) can spend so much time on "research" on bands etc. Well, metal is my prime interest (when I'm out of the office) and I can't get enough information. I suppose MetalFilm1 agrees with me here, although he does it on the job too...
I don't really care what music other people listen to these days, but the bland pop used to upset me a lot when I was younger. I guess it's medical, i simply feel ill when I hear it!
Templar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 6:01 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Motorola, for once we entirely agree on something. I could not have said it better myself. I have had these very same thoughts. I was often told when I was younger that metal was only for stupid people or losers. I feel proud, and even vindicated, when I see that professionals such as yourself (an engineer, no less), Deathtofalsemetal (an attorney), etc. can prove society wrong about people like us.
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 10:53 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

HeatherMetal: I think Brit can live without me for a while. But I'll be there if she really needs me. Besides, I think she's with Prince Willam.
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 10:59 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

OH, and on classic rock, and country. I've grown up listening to them both. I have fond memories of going on vacation with country on the radio. (I know, I know, metal banners away.) So I really don't mind it, but I am not an avid listener. And it just does not seem like summer without listening to good ol' 95.1 WIIL Kenosha. THE MOST KICK ASS classic rock station around here. They play not only classic, but some new stuff too. So there is always something new coming on. Good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: