HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 3:56 pm    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Being a metalhead of the younger variety, it's taken me a while to discover some of the artists whom the more seasoned metal veterans have been worshipping for years. To combat this, I've developed the strategy of watching the board for names that seem to keep cropping up and subsequently downloading some mp3s by said artist. So today I was diddling around on Napster and decided to download some Iron Maiden material. The only song I had previously heard by these guys was "The Number of the Beast" on HardRadio; I was only able to hear about 15 static-riddled seconds of it before my RealPlayer conked out, so I thought, the hell with it, and I never thought to check out any more Maiden stuff. Stupid, stupid, stOOpid! I definitely need some Maiden in my life. I've tried to download stuff from a variety of their albums, and I went and read all of their lyrics -- wow -- but downloading takes time, and I don't think I want to fill up my hard drive with every single Maiden song ever written trying to decide which albums to buy first. You guys always give great purchasing advice, so I figured that it would be best to ask all of you to give me a little guidance here.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 pm    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Spirit,
You must rush out and buy the following Maiden:

Killers - 2nd album, Paul Di'anno on vocals. Awesome.

Number of the Beast - first album with Bruce and absolutely fabulous.

Powerslave - masterpiece

These are a must. Then, if you have cash left:
Piece of Mind
Iron Maiden - 1st album
Live After Death
Somewhere in Time

Also, if you don't heve em, get Bruce Dickinson solo:
Accident of Birth
Chemical Wedding

Eddie welcomes you to the family.
Fretbuzz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 pm    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

My faves in order:
1) No. Of the Beast
2)Killers (with DiAnno on vocals)
3) Peace of Mind
4) PowerSlave
5)Somewhere in time
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:09 pm    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Spirit, if you want a great Maiden album to start off with, I would recommend Powerslave. Its just great melodic metal, plus it has the epic Rime of the Ancient Mariner. A close second would be a tie between Somewhere In Time and Piece of Mind. But of course, if you want a live Maiden disc, then Live After Death is full of gems.

"This is what to do if a not-so-terrific bird s.hits on you"
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:30 pm    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

1)Powerslave/ Piece of Mind (tie)
2)Killers
3)The Number of the Beast
4)Iron Maiden
5)Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
6)Somewhere in Time
7)The Chemical Wedding(Bruce)
8)Accident of Birth(Bruce again)
9)Skunkworks(Bruce...again)
10)The X Factor
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:35 pm    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

First two albums, Iron Maiden and Killers, with the all time best Maiden singer: Di'Anno!! I'd also recommend First ten years, part 1. This one has Burning Ambition on it and a smokin' version of Montrose's I've Got The Fire.
Templar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 6:12 pm    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Spirit, I am glad to see that you appreciate Iron Maiden's lyrics. Even if you end up hating their music, at least you have given them their due in that department. The album that hooked me on Maiden was Powerslave, but any Maiden up through Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is great, in my opinion. If the new CD of "Live After Death" includes the lyrics, that would be a good choice. My vinyl LP had the lyrics, but I don't know if the CD does or not.
freeride

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 8:13 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

I'll pretty much have to go with Powerslave as a first choice as well. All killer, No filler.
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 8:29 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Just stay away from Virtual XI and No Prayer for the Dying and you will be fine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: