HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should HardRadio ban Metallica?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 6:06 pm    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Fatal, amigo mio, it's not about Napster, right or wrong. Legal crap aside, money crap aside, I believe this is about Metallicrap. It's about them becoming what they once hated. It's about them becoming the man instead of trying to make it in spite of the man. It's about the industry machine grinding out hit makers like Metallicrap and screwing the small bands. It's about the new bands that, if Metallicrap have their way, can't follow in the footsteps of Metallicrap because current day technology may cost Lars an occasional tank of petrol. They'd rather shut down any hopes of a nobody, unsigned band getting some exposure in much the same fashion that Lars got it in the first damn place rather than miss a fukkin' cheeseburger.

Fatal I believe you and I are close to the same age. Back in the junior high school daze, my buds and I would take turns buying LPs out of the metal rack at the best record store in town. Since there was (still is) no metal radio or video play, that purchase was usually based on the cover art and cool factor of the song titles. More often that not we got screwed and played frisbee with the disk. Occasionally a gem would pop up but it was rare. Shall we leave the korn kiddies and limp bisquick fans in the dark or let them experience new stuff without shelling out their paper route money on schidt like we did?

As a musician/band dude, I can see the arguments on the other side. Personally, I'd rather make it and be on the side of my fans (as Metallicrap were for years) instead of holding on to my wallet so hard that my fans have to mortgage their children's souls to be a fan of mine.

*Soapbox placed aside once again.*

Peace.
QuantumRocker

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 7:52 pm    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Drop the limey bastards! And play some Nightwish, Vitalij Kuprij, more Stratovarius for a change!
Coda

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 8:26 pm    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Dump 'em!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx to this baord& Napster I discovered Nightwish & Dissection (But that was from Metal manics baord suggestions) and now they're one of my favorite new metal bands. So there goes lars argument of napster causing artists 2 lose money. The only reason I havn't boguth their album is cause I don't haev acredit card and their albums aren't carried by any local stores.
Daronas

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 3:30 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

I say ban them. They will not be missed. I haven't heard anything from Kirk on this whole Napster thing. I think Kirk is the most talented member of the band. He should take his talent elsewhere, the metal world will be much better off for it. One thing is for sure, someone should have taken that damn wah pedal from Kirk a long time ago, enough is enough already. Didn't they do a song called "Holier Than Thou" or something like that, I believe part of the lyrics were "judge not lest ye be judged". The reference to the Justice album cover was excellent. The hyprocrisy makes me want to vomit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: