HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Metal Albums of the 90's
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 5:34 pm    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

Bruce Dickinson is currently on VH1's The List (and getting seriously abused by the rest of the trendy, radio-friendly panel, I might add). The topic is best album of the 90's. So, my radio-unfriendly friends, let's hear what you think are some of the best metal albums of the 90's.

My picks:

1. Type O Negative: Bloody Kisses (though some may argue it's not really metal...)
2. Down: NOLA
3. Bruce Dickinson: Accident of Birth
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 6:20 pm    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

Haven't done this for a while and 10 years is a long time for me to remember back, but here goes...

UFO - Walk on Water
This came out just when I had lost all hope of a Schenker UFO ever again and was the sound I missed in the sea of grunge and alternative..

Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes

Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth
I'll second this one..
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 7:06 pm    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

It seems like everytime I watch the list, which is not often, there is one normal person and three clueless f.ucks.

If I were on the list, which I'm not, I'd give my three best metal albums of the 90s as:

1. Armored Saint "Symbol of Salvation"
2. UFO "Walk on Water"
3. Iced Earth "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

***** For future posters, note that the List limits you to THREE (3) choices so don't CHEAT.
Lockfist

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 10:03 pm    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

Only three ? Do you always play by the rules around here ? This is easy:

Rust in Peace - Megadeth
Seasons in the Abyss - SLAYER
Vulgar Display of Power - Pantera

Eliminated in the final round:

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth - Entombed

Diatribes - Napalm Death

Rock On
ROKKZ

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 10:26 pm    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

RUNNING WILD-PILE OF SKULLS/BLACK HAND INN
MANOWAR-THE TRIUMPH OF STEEL/BOTH DBL. LIVES
ACCEPT-DEATH ROW/STAYING A LIFE/FAREWELL LIVE
GRAVE DIGGER-TUNES OF WAR/KNIGHTS OF THE CROSS
SINNER-JUDGEMENT DAY/THE NATURE OF EVIL
ICED EARTH-THE DARK SAGA/ALIVE IN ATHENS
VANIZE-TWINS/BOOTLICKER

with the exception of a few....germany ruled the 90's metal scene !!! but most americans have no clue as to what tradition and heritage to a metal musical culture is .....

fly our flag
rokkz
Nivek

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. .

Last edited by Nivek on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jake

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 2:06 am    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

If i were on the list i would give answers 2 answers that people would actually recognize(maybe) and 1 just to give it publicity. or maybe 1 in between too.

1. Countdown to Extinction - Megadeth(somewhat known)
2. Pearl Jam - Ten(really known and i think it is somewhat important album and not bad either)
3. Savatage -Edge of Thorns(really unknown but i think its real great)

for just metal(or if they would have a crowd that knew what they were talking about) i would put:

1. Rust in Peace

2. Time of the Oath(Helloween)

3. Edge of Thorns

ps: i cant believe some stupid motherfu***er wrote that Nookie was the best album of the 90s. like what the hell? im so damn tired of people saying things are the best ever, after the album hasnt been out for more than 6months(even if it has been out for a year its annoying still). People say "i loved Britney spears from the moment i heard her.....a year ago!" no intelligent music listener would love her for her music. arrr!
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 10:58 am    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

C.O.C. - Wiseblood
Monster Magnet - Spine of God
Atomic Bitchwax - s/t
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 10:01 pm    Post subject: Best Metal Albums of the 90's Reply with quote

Impelliteri (Stand In Line) was released in 1988. The best thing about that album is the godly vocals of legendary Graham Bonnet.

NP: Red Sea (Blood)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: