HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which are WASP's best albums?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 7:27 am    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

The first 4 are probably the best,but all in all i like them all.I have not heard Helldorado so i have no opinion.
The Sledge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 8:06 am    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

Hmm, although I like/love most of their albums, a shame I don't see more fans mentioning the great "Crimson Idol"!!

Man, this is what a concept album should be! It's cool to hear/have that melody throughout the album, but it can get a little boring. But that's where the story comes in! If one understands/knows the story, then they can't help but like it.

Speaking of which, anyone hear "The Story Of..." ?? Blackie does an AWESOME job at narrating the story. Great job Blackie!!

But, that album aside... I tend to favor their 1st.

NP:the TV

Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 3:51 pm    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

I might catch hell for this, but I really believe The Crimson Idol was one hell of an album, the best Blackie ever did. I met him once at a signing, and asked the same question. He also said the Crimson Idol. If you listen to it, it has the most emotional lyrics he's ever made, and some of the best melodic parts. Don't get me wrong here, I still crack up every time I hear Blind in Texas [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Metal1 (edited 07-16-2000).]
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 8:17 pm    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

Wow that makes 3 for the Idol. I just wish they left Chainsaw Charlie off and Doctor Rockteer. Kinda of upsets the mood.
The Sledge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 10:08 am    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

Fatalcharm,

"Doctor..." I can agree with, but "Chainsaw Charlie"?!...no way! Heavy tune. The edit version works well for the song too.

My fav is "The Idol". The party is going then everyone leaves. We then hear his heart pounding as he's dialing to call his mother after all these years.

But I can't forget "The Great..."! The part where he sings "oh sweet silence...". Whew, I feel the pain when he's singing that part! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Metal1; I wonder if he still gets asked questions like "How about another concept album" or "any plans for another Crimson Idol"?? For the most part he did get great reviews. The response from the fans was a little lackluster tho...

Lockfist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 4:57 pm    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

bump
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 10:21 am    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

Where is the BUMP to shelter me?/ only BUMP, BUMP sets me free~!
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 10:25 am    Post subject: Which are WASP's best albums? Reply with quote

BU-MP all I need's my bump machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: