HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What was your first concert?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThorIntrepid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 2:05 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

I just read the "Fossil Rock" article over in Hard Views and it made me think back to my first concert.
Iron Maiden, Piece of Mind tour 1983 with Fastway. It was the first time I smelled, or saw, pot (there was a guy sitting next to us separating the seeds on the tour program).
I cannot believe that that was 17 years ago............
DemonlyWizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 2:48 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

My first real concert was Accept, Helix, and Keel on August 9, 1985 in the tiny Park Center in Charlotte. Cool show, and glad I saw it because it was the ONLY time I have ever had an opportunity to see any of those bands.

I saw Kenny Rogers in 1979 and Rick Springfield in 1981, but those don't count. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Has anybody heard how Ronnie Lee Keel's country-western career is going....

[This message has been edited by DemonlyWizard (edited 07-11-2000).]
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 4:13 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Megadeth with Anacrusis (Alice in Chains were supposed to open but cancelled at the last minute)....July ?, 1991, Memphis, TN. On the Rust in Peace tour, very good. Better than the second time I caught them on the Cryptic Writings tour.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 4:40 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Rush w/ FM on the Moving Pictures Tour; Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA...oh , that was what, 1981.. damn I'm old. Incredible show. Seeing Peart throw them sticks about 20 feet in the air and catch them without missing a beat was awesome. The movie playing in the background was a trip as well.

[This message has been edited by nitro4040 (edited 07-10-2000).]
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 5:02 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Cheap Trick with UFO, Boston Garden, 1980 (I think). Cheap Trick were on the "All Shook Up" tour and UFO on, I think, "Mechanix." It was devastatingly brilliant.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 5:41 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Ratt and Bon Jovi. Invasion of your Privacy. Cant for the life of me remember the year. Ratt was not good that tour though. Boring show!
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 5:55 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

1984, Ted Nugent with Michael Schenker opening. PHENOMENAL show. Ted must have put 3 miles on that stage - he was constantly in motion, but didn't miss a note. Schenker was good, but not great.

When I saw Ted on the KISS Farewell Tour, I was a little disappointed - he has definitely slowed down (but he was still really good, though).
Deviation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 6:11 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Saw Tesla/Mechanical Resonance open for Def Leppard/Hysteria in 1987 in Tucson, AZ. Cool show back when both bands still had some teeth.
Juggernutt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 8:27 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

AC/DC- Who Made Who tour with Queensryche- Rage For Order tour opening. It was an awsome concert and AC/DC Rocked! I don't remember what year it was but I remember my ears ringing for 3 days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: