HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What was your first concert?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 11:07 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Judas Priest, 1981. Point of Entry. It cost like $9. It rocked. Alot.

Savoy Brown was the opening act. Not Bad.
Daronas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 8:54 am    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Like others, my first concert was during a period of heavy recreational substance usage. I think it was Twisted Sister opening for Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour. Must have been around the mid '80s. I don't remember much about TS, but I do remember being in absolute slambasted awe of the huge mummified Eddie.
freeride

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 9:15 am    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Uriah Heep opening for KISS in '77. Man that was a loooong ass time ago.I still love that sh#t though.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 9:16 am    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Folks, I hate to admit it, but I don't think I can remember my first concert. I wasn't stoned or anything, I just don't think it was anything memorable. I just went to a lot of shows back then (still do) and they all blend together in a nice haze. Could have been a free 311 show or something.
anamal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:15 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

for me it was Blue Oyster Cult/Ian Hunter in 1979,but my second is what made an impression on me it was RUSH/SAXON on the wheels of steel tour, what a show!!!!!
AZRock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:52 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Hey Batman, Dio Last in Line and Dokken was my first show also! I saw them in Albuquerque. It was Dokken's first tour and George Lynch passed out on stage halfway through their set. So Vivian Campbell came out and jammed with them for the rest of the set. Pretty cool.

Speaking of Vivian Campbell, remember when he had testicles? Now he's just another chump in a wimpy pop band.
coldgin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 4:30 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

KISS, Lexington KY 77, but they put on a show.
mixer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 5:51 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

Kiss and Bob Seger! July 1976 in Oakland, CA. My mom took me (I was 11) I couldn't believe all the dope smokin' going on!

DTFM: I saw Cheap Trick on the All Shook Up tour and whoever was supposed to open for them cancelled. IF it was UFO, I am REALLY sorry I missed them!!
ScorpionsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 6:06 pm    Post subject: What was your first concert? Reply with quote

1980 was the year I was introduced to concerts. My first one was Queen in June(?) I think. Then In October I saw Bruce Springsteen and the later that month I saw Kansas. I still have most of my ticket stubs taped into my High School memory book. And remember the cool t-shirts you use to be able to get at concerts? Kind of like jersey shirts. I miss those days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: